Name the year Swales said this......

I went to renew my season ticket the year the new Kippax was being demolished etc. Went with my mate and walked around the ground to see what was being done. We spotted Franny sitting in the manager's dugout. We went and had a chat with him. He said we could go on the pitch, so, we did. Fucked about pretending to take penalties etc. Franny shared some sandwiches and, bizarrely, some cherries. How do I remember that? I kept the cherry stone as a reminder! I still have it in my treasure trove of shite. I thought he was the harbinger of good times. My mate knew then what I know now, "Mate, the bloke's a fucking Charlatan. Not got a pot to piss in" Nice sandwiches though. Although I'd never swap the glory we've got now for those days, I do miss the fact I could waltz across the pitch and share a butty with the chairman.
I've posted previously about getting a lift back from an away game at Highfield Road in the mid-80's on the team coach. Totally surreal, and like your encounter with our former chairman and player, impossible to conceive happening today. Life moves on. Nothing you can do about it.

Lee stitched himself up.
What an horrible piece of shit he is and shouldn’t be allowed near the club.
If you want to hate someone, hate Francis Lee

A few people have told me what a crook Lee was in the business world. He’s robbed a few people blind over the years. From others who knew Lee when he was Chairman - all say he was blinded my a sense of his own self importance and a level of optimism that defied reality. Sacking Horton was stupid, bundling the Kidd appointment was naive and appointing Ball was rank stupid. Lee in many ways was no better than Swales and Lee had to be forced out in a board room coup because he was going to take the club down as his Monet quickly ran out.

Kept a share of the academy because he knew it was an earner.
Come out of his own mouth, that gem.
I don’t see anything good coming from his time as chairman.
I could go on and on, he almost destroyed the club.
He lost money when he sold his shares so how did he earn from the academy. In comparison Swales who spent over 2 decades ruining the club Swales never went to a game after he was housted, because he never was a true blue whereas Lee continued to support the club with a table in the chairman’s lounge.

He lost money when he sold his shares so how did he earn from the academy. In comparison Swales who spent over 2 decades ruining the club Swales never went to a game after he was housted, because he never was a true blue whereas Lee continued to support the club with a table in the chairman’s lounge.
He tried keeping his shares in the academy
He had to sell them when we were taken over, or at some point thereafter.
I doubt he will have lost on them, but I hope he did.
He wanted to make money, which is what he’s about. Wants to make money for himself not the club, himself.

Lee managed to nearly kill the club in 3-4 yrs

I don’t know if Swales is a true blue or not but by the same token, the same goes for Lee
Whether he went to games or not.
I saw him taking the plaudits at the entrance a season ago, he has no shame.

A few people have told me what a crook Lee was in the business world. He’s robbed a few people blind over the years. From others who knew Lee when he was Chairman - all say he was blinded my a sense of his own self importance and a level of optimism that defied reality. Sacking Horton was stupid, bundling the Kidd appointment was naive and appointing Ball was rank stupid. Lee in many ways was no better than Swales and Lee had to be forced out in a board room coup because he was going to take the club down as his Monet quickly ran out.
My dealings with Swales and Lee although limited are poles apart.
I am in no way sticking up for Swales , but I will on certain matters, without hesitation.
I won’t stick up for Lee, ever. He was that bad.

I genuinely had a nightmare last night I was at THAT Luton game, I knew what was coming but still felt horrendous when it happened. I’m actually not making this up, it’s rather pathetic.

I wasn’t even born ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.