The NHS and its future

I'm with you pal,attitudes are all wrong,its a way of life for many.This 'self entitled/contribute fuck all' society,we live in,makes my blood boil.

This self entitled/contribute fuck all society we live in. What an interesting notion, its just words read from somewhere, perhaps you could explain the context of this view.

To me it sounds almost like you are proscribing to eugenicist propaganda. People being more worthy than others based on your personal ideals. What a halfwitted narrow minded way to look on life.

I will await your explanation for your view

Having a child is not a divine right I’m sorry but that’s the truth, the nhs was not setup for this and nor is it funded for it, that money should be used for cancer treatments instead of relying on charities like MacMillan nurses to take care of you. It might sound harsh but that’s my thinking maybe due to my work I’ve become cynical but what I’ve seen over the last 16 years has sucked al the empathy out of me, if genuine people want and need help I’m there but what I see there are far too many free riders and we only have ourselves to blame fir electing people who let it happen

The fact Macmillan exists is a stain our society. Charity should have no place in the serious world of healthcare. I have always seen Charity as negation of Governmental responsibility and it means they don't have to fund those areas that we all pay taxes for. Charity is an involuntary tax.

Im sorry Mav you keep going back to what the NHS was set up for, if we abided by its initial principles nobody would receive a heart transplant, a cataract op, stroke rehabilitation and any other number of ongoing medical developments. It is a progressive organisation, it has to be as the world changes. As for children, as a nation we have a negative birth rate, we need children otherwise the Malthusian dystopia of a heavily weighted elderly population will crush the life out of the countries finances. We should be encouraging people to have Children not discouraging them for the simple reason when we are old there will be nobody to look after us and wipe our arses because there will be nobody to do it.

Its so fucking annoying that the freeloader narrative gained such traction. It was designed to divide the working class and open up the market for the capitalist class. They want to make money out of our suffering and what can be easier than getting us blaming ourselves and each other for the problems they have created.

Im adopted BTW mate, I totally support the expansion of adoption, but I do understand as an adoptee that not everyone will be comfortable with taking on a child, especially one as opinionated, gobby and forthright as myself. Im no angel I have been a **** but im lucky my mam and dad persevered, many don't and the child suffers. Having children may not be a divine right but it is as close to divine as you can possibly get. Its the creation of life, our species Raison D'etre and denying people the opportunity when we have the medical know how to deliver is cruel in my opinion, plus not cost effective in the longer term.

i get things have changed but so has society in numbers and attitude the stiff upper lip British attitude has gone replaced with a self entitled expect everything for nothing. If we want the NHS you believe in and more it costs and will have to be paid for. Yes I think management and procurement are shambolic and no doubt billions can be saved there but manpower is needed and with that better pay and conditions and this costs a lot. Every time I go for a prescription I pay £8 I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than one person other than me pay when I’m there everyone is getting it for free!! My wife is type 1 diabetic she gets all her prescriptions free, why, if it’s related to her diabetes then fine anything else she should pay for, multiply that by thousands possibly 100,000 and you can see why money is been wasted.
I don’t think we are going to agree but that’s life, this is not a little englander view I just see that as long as we go down this route the faster it will be privatised and then people are screwed.

i get things have changed but so has society in numbers and attitude the stiff upper lip British attitude has gone replaced with a self entitled expect everything for nothing. If we want the NHS you believe in and more it costs and will have to be paid for. Yes I think management and procurement are shambolic and no doubt billions can be saved there but manpower is needed and with that better pay and conditions and this costs a lot. Every time I go for a prescription I pay £8 I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than one person other than me pay when I’m there everyone is getting it for free!! My wife is type 1 diabetic she gets all her prescriptions free, why, if it’s related to her diabetes then fine anything else she should pay for, multiply that by thousands possibly 100,000 and you can see why money is been wasted.
I don’t think we are going to agree but that’s life, this is not a little englander view I just see that as long as we go down this route the faster it will be privatised and then people are screwed.
What you’re describing is what the American insurance system does and it is a dangerous road to start going down.
“You can’t have this or that because of x, y or z”. Having doctors and nurses doing admin and deciding who they should treat and whether they are ‘worthy’ or not wouldn’t be enormously productive (look at how many ‘untitled’ people they found after being told to check everyone for eligibility last month). Encouraging people to live healthier life styles, not being in thrall to the Portman group by imposing minimum alcohol pricing and subsidising veg, are all things that could be done easily and done now. The logical end of your argument is that we don’t fix legs of people injured playing sport or falling off a building or being struck by lightening or being burned by a bbq, as these are all things that could have been ‘prevented’. Whilst I agree with the principles of some of what you say, be careful what you wish for.

This self entitled/contribute fuck all society we live in. What an interesting notion, its just words read from somewhere, perhaps you could explain the context of this view.

To me it sounds almost like you are proscribing to eugenicist propaganda. People being more worthy than others based on your personal ideals. What a halfwitted narrow minded way to look on life.

I will await your explanation for your view

I don't see what needs explaining? but as youre struggling.....

I'm fed up with scroungers/freeloaders,and the downright bone idle,sponging off society and those that work their bollocks off.If youre in need of genuine support through no fault of your own,then i'm more than happy to help those less fortunate than myself.If youre a good for nothing,selfish,lazy cvnt,you can go and get fucked.

What you’re describing is what the American insurance system does and it is a dangerous road to start going down.
“You can’t have this or that because of x, y or z”. Having doctors and nurses doing admin and deciding who they should treat and whether they are ‘worthy’ or not wouldn’t be enormously productive (look at how many ‘untitled’ people they found after being told to check everyone for eligibility last month). Encouraging people to live healthier life styles, not being in thrall to the Portman group by imposing minimum alcohol pricing and subsidising veg, are all things that could be done easily and done now. The logical end of your argument is that we don’t fix legs of people injured playing sport or falling off a building or being struck by lightening or being burned by a bbq, as these are all things that could have been ‘prevented’. Whilst I agree with the principles of some of what you say, be careful what you wish for.
Come on accidents happen but drinking and eating yourself into an early grave do not they are pure lifestyle choices, I’m not advocating an American system far from it, I believe all people should be entitled to free healthcare but if you are unwilling to help yourself were does that leave us? It’s unsustainable and people take the piss, we are going round in circles on this now, we all have our views on this and I won’t change yours and you won’t change mine.
This has nothing to do with people less fortunate or poorer than me this has to to do with take take take society and give nothing back growing population we have.

Come on accidents happen but drinking and eating yourself into an early grave do not they are pure lifestyle choices, I’m not advocating an American system far from it, I believe all people should be entitled to free healthcare but if you are unwilling to help yourself were does that leave us? It’s unsustainable and people take the piss, we are going round in circles on this now, we all have our views on this and I won’t change yours and you won’t change mine.
This has nothing to do with people less fortunate or poorer than me this has to to do with take take take society and give nothing back growing population we have.
Out of interest what do we do with all the alcies, fat gets, smokers, dangerous sports people etc etc

I don't see what needs explaining? but as youre struggling.....

I'm fed up with scroungers/freeloaders,and the downright bone idle,sponging off society and those that work their bollocks off.If youre in need of genuine support through no fault of your own,then i'm more than happy to help those less fortunate than myself.If youre a good for nothing,selfish,lazy cvnt,you can go and get fucked.

I see post like this have remained where as others have vanished?

On the other hand the lazy and feckless tend to die at a younger age due to their unhealthy lifestyles so there is a bit of a trade off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.