Sane left out of Germany World Cup Squad

What fullback show? Wouldn't call either of them fullbacks.

Don't think that was their fault. Draxler and Muller both like to come inside so it seemed like the duty of the full backs to provide the attacking width. It's also probably in part why Brandt was taken over Sane.

Germany's problem was that the full backs' forays forward left them with 2 defenders and Mexico were able to pick them off on the counter. They had to alternate the full backs going forward or play more mobile defensive midfielders than Khedira and Kroos to offer cover.

Overall, I think they underestimated Mexico and that the other teams in the group could cause them problems if they can pick up on the German deficiencies.

Don't think that was their fault. Draxler and Muller both like to come inside so it seemed like the duty of the full backs to provide the attacking width. It's also probably in part why Brandt was taken over Sane.

Germany's problem was that the full backs' forays forward left them with 2 defenders and Mexico were able to pick them off on the counter. They had to alternate the full backs going forward or play more mobile defensive midfielders than Khedira and Kroos to offer cover.

Overall, I think they underestimated Mexico and that the other teams in the group could cause them problems if they can pick up on the German deficiencies.

Isn't Willy a bit old now? In fact, I'm sure he died some time ago. Low can't have much of an idea if he wants some old politico instead of a young lad who can run the legs off the opposition!

I rewatched the snippet of video where Leroy beats about five NUFC defenders twice, some of them three times, and then squares the ball to Sergio who promptly smashes it in. That kind of footballer frightens the sewage out of WC managers (No pun intended!). They have no control over the player who wants to exercise flair and more flair. They would sooner have Herr
Zuverlässig und Herr Formbar!

Given what we saw from Sané this season I was really shocked he didn't go but I accept it sounds as though he hasn't had the same impact in the German side. Probably a bit premature to be saying it's a massive mistake on their part though as I actually thought Brandt looked quite dangerous when he came on and he's the guy they chose ahead of him right?

Germany looked slow and old especially at the back.

A really good team could have scored 3 at least yesterday. Pace will hurt Germany.

How anyone would play Ozil is beyond me. I yet to see him consistently run games. He is one soft bottle merchant. Hides way too much.

Given what we saw from Sané this season I was really shocked he didn't go but I accept it sounds as though he hasn't had the same impact in the German side. Probably a bit premature to be saying it's a massive mistake on their part though as I actually thought Brandt looked quite dangerous when he came on and he's the guy they chose ahead of him right?

Jurgen Low is the kind of guy, it seems to me, would want El Greco to install his central heating, and Brunel to paint him a picture!

Germany looked slow and old especially at the back.

A really good team could have scored 3 at least yesterday. Pace will hurt Germany.

How anyone would play Ozil is beyond me. I yet to see him consistently run games. He is one soft bottle merchant. Hides way too much.
Slowest German team we have seen for decades apart from Kimmich who is fast going forward but slow going back! Madness not to even have Sane (officially the fastest player in the Premier League) on the bench. This is Low's swansong.

I knew as soon as Germany dropped points, the forum would explode. Sane isn't in the squad, just accept it and move on. If they win every match and win the world cup is that because Sane was left out? No. So don't pretend that's why they lost

Germany won the Conferations Cup with players and a style that has served them well. The game has moved on. As with Pep and Jose, they have different styles and choose different players. Sane is a Pep type player. Germany look like a Jose team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.