Loughborough Junction station

Late running trains,freight services,wrong direction movements,passing signals at danger......you get the drift,the railway is a very dangerous and unpredictable place,if you choose to disrespect that fact and treat it as a playground,then you run the ultimate risk.Unfortunately,its not just the stupid that suffer.

Good points yeah, it basically could happen at any time so they either knew the risk or were very silly indeed, hell of a price to pay that is, mainly the burden on the driver and indeed the families left with the grief.

Happening so early in the day i kind of assume these were professionals who do those bits that look really good, if so i find myself shaking my head at the needless loss. A decision they will never have the chance to even regret. I hope the driver and families can go on in life and still have joy and happiness, terrible thing to happen.

I assume they were experienced so knew where to go and when to avoid trains. Not that there is anything sinister here, i would just be interested to know how it happened, surely they knew to check train times on that line and such? Maybe a train got diverted unexpectedly or something?
This is Britain, not Germany or Italy.....
Hope the driver is back to work as soon as.

Good points yeah, it basically could happen at any time so they either knew the risk or were very silly indeed, hell of a price to pay that is, mainly the burden on the driver and indeed the families left with the grief.

Happening so early in the day i kind of assume these were professionals who do those bits that look really good, if so i find myself shaking my head at the needless loss. A decision they will never have the chance to even regret. I hope the driver and families can go on in life and still have joy and happiness, terrible thing to happen.
It affects people in unique ways.I know drivers who wouldn't bat an eye lid,others go to pieces.Its small consequence given the magnitude of such an event,but you can be certain they will be afforded every chain of care available.

The article I read suggested that the driver wasn't even aware he'd hit anyone as they still don't know which train was involved. It was another driver who found them hours after they had died.

Only just heard about this tragedy. It brings back very bad memories of my best friend, who was killed taking a short cut over lines in Stretford. He had just walked me back home, as I had a broken leg, after having a few pints one Saturday afternoon. He left my house, and was on his way to his brother's, when he made that fateful decision. Had a guilty conscience for years afterwards. What makes things spooky, is, I bumped into his brother this afternoon, having not seen him for about 5 years. Thoughts are with their families, and of course, the driver involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.