USA Commentators and WC 2018

At the risk of repeating myself, if you're watching in the States, Telemundo is the best coverage, all games for free! and no cheesy voice over

Been watching all the games at work (thankfully finish work at 10am this morning and enough time to nip home and then get to the pub for the Belgium game at 11am)
I will be in the office or cooking a meal (work in a kids home with 12 kids) and hear the commentator going ecstatic, turn to see the action and one team has won a throw in or something.
Watched the highlights and general chat about the games late last night and they had Tony Meiola or whatever his name is (the greatest US keeper ever apparently) and Kelly Smith the ex england woman's player chatting shit in her cockney accent!

NBC pisses all over Fox

Totally agree.

There was a great moment just now in the pre game. They were showing the Belgium line up and Boyata was the first guy to pop up. The pundit got confused, thinking it was the Panama line up instead. Complete amatuer hour.

Fox is definitely terrible, but Aly Wagner did well yesterday on her first ever commentating spot. You could hear how incredulous she was over some of her co-commentator's pearls of "wisdom."

Fox is definitely terrible, but Aly Wagner did well yesterday on her first ever commentating spot. You could hear how incredulous she was over some of her co-commentator's pearls of "wisdom."
Aly has a very good reputation as a commentator; probably the best of lot from Fox.

Fox executives want their football coverage to be pretty much like it is; Fox's commentary, sadly is intentionally aimed at first-time football viewers completely unfamiliar with the rules of the game and who are used to NFL American-football coverage. Dumbed-down, "gosh folks!," commentary is just what Fox executives desire.

Last edited:
I have no clue who was doing the Germany/Mexico game but he kept saying "Ozeeeeeeeeeeel" and it was really irritating. Given that the bug-eyed little twerp barely did anything, I thankfully didn't hear it too often.
:-)
That's undoubtedly JP Dellacamera. It's hilarious. JP comes up with bizarre of-his-own-making pronunciations of foreign names. And he sticks to them. It's very grating on the ears. JP probably thinks this makes him sound in-the-know. What's really troubling is when the color man starts using the exact same mis-pronunciation.

There was a great moment just now in the pre game. They were showing the Belgium line up and Boyata was the first guy to pop up. The pundit got confused, thinking it was the Panama line up instead. Complete amatuer hour.

And THAT ‘amateur’ was Ian Wright. So whilst he did make a mistake, he’s not your average Fox shit commentator.

Aly Wagner and Derek Rae did the England game today. Thought they were ok but others have been awful. As someone else said, NBC definitely pisses all over Fox.
Strange... I thought that Ray had contracted with NBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.