Kylian Mbappé

Although it looks as though Mbappe will stay next season, the indications are that PSG will need to be £50 net positive this window in order to avoid sanctions for this financial year. That's great for us and others competing against them in the champions league because they are not going to be able to strengthen their team leading into next season and apart from their terrifying attack, their midfield and defensive options are pretty mediocre and they won't be able to do much to address those weaknesses.

Does anyone think when Aguero does leave that City will go all out to bring Mbappe? By that time he may be ready to leave Ligue 1 and seek another challenge. Hopefully by that time Citys squad will be settled enough that we can afford to spend the entire transfer budget on one player

Not that I believe spending all the money on 1 player is right but mbappe is a special talent. City as a club and a squad will have become a hugely attractive to all players

Does anyone think when Aguero does leave that City will go all out to bring Mbappe? By that time he may be ready to leave Ligue 1 and seek another challenge. Hopefully by that time Citys squad will be settled enough that we can afford to spend the entire transfer budget on one player

Not that I believe spending all the money on 1 player is right but mbappe is a special talent. City as a club and a squad will have become a hugely attractive to all players

I believe this is where our transfer activity is leading up to.

If City were to bring Mahrez and Jorginho in this season, we would have a great squad and with most players at a desirable age. In a couple years' time, the ones who will probably be at the twilight of their careers at City would be Fernandinho, Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Otamendi and Bravo (if he hasn't left by then). Of all these players, the one who will be most difficult to replace would be Aguero. You can't put a price on the goals a player like Aguero gets for you. If any position justifies spending an extortionate/unprecedented outlay, it is the striking department.

Whether it will be Mbappe, or someone else, it is going to happen. I had really high hopes on him moving from Monaco to here, but his transfer to PSG has just diminished the hopes of him being our successor to Aguero. Better to not get fixated on one target and risk missing others.

I think he’s got Madrid written all over him if I’m honest. Every man and his dog will want him when it becomes clear he has to leave. Madrid’s pulling power and resources will be enough. I’d be looking for the next best thing if I was city, which I’m sure we will.

Won’t Neymar be Madrid’s number 1 choice??

If City were to bring Mahrez and Jorginho in this season, we would have a great squad and with most players at a desirable age. In a couple years' time, the ones who will probably be at the twilight of their careers at City would be Fernandinho, Kompany, Silva, Aguero, Otamendi and Bravo (if he hasn't left by then). Of all these players, the one who will be most difficult to replace would be Aguero. You can't put a price on the goals a player like Aguero gets for you. If any position justifies spending an extortionate/unprecedented outlay, it is the striking department.

Whether it will be Mbappe, or someone else, it is going to happen. I had really high hopes on him moving from Monaco to here, but his transfer to PSG has just diminished the hopes of him being our successor to Aguero. Better to not get fixated on one target and risk missing others.
Isn't Jesus the successor to Aguero?

Isn't Jesus the successor to Aguero?

One player can have two successors?! :P

I hope so though. The way I see our style of play, it is all about fluidity in attack. Once players like Jesus, Sane and Sterling grow tactically, they will be interchanging positions as per the opposition. We've seen Sterling play in all three forward positions this season. Jesus (who I love) offers plenty to our system, but Mbappe would offer that in ANY system.

We will look to bring in a big player to replace Aguero & challenge the forwards.

But it's hard to predict whether that will be a young player or an established one. Or whether Leroy Sané ends up inside, like Ronaldo & we buy another wide player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.