Could you go a month without alchohol?

I regularly go three or four months before deciding to have a beer.

Went an entire year without any a couple years back, simply because I was training and never been a big drinker anyhow.

There are a lot of obese people in Manchester who look like they need a year or two without alcohol.

Alcohol capital of Britain, apparently, according to a recent national report. Salford, Manchester Central and Trafford all in the top five.

You raise a good point about obesity, been mentioned in the NHS thread also, we as a nation are turning into a right bunch of fat bastards, drink and poor eating is becoming a major issue, we need to tackle it sooner rather than later.

If it was up to me I’d be teaching lifestyle things in junior school, I’d have the kids there longer doing much more sports etc.. yes it’d need funding but if we tackle it now it may save billions in the future allowing money to be spent on more severe illnesses.

You raise a good point about obesity, been mentioned in the NHS thread also, we as a nation are turning into a right bunch of fat bastards, drink and poor eating is becoming a major issue, we need to tackle it sooner rather than later.

If it was up to me I’d be teaching lifestyle things in junior school, I’d have the kids there longer doing much more sports etc.. yes it’d need funding but if we tackle it now it may save billions in the future allowing money to be spent on more severe illnesses.

Wouldn't cost anything forcing kids to run a mile around the playground every morning before lunchtime.

I could weep for some of the kids I see coming out with their parents at the end of the day, being given cans of fizzy shite and cakes.

We will be burying a generation of 30 and 40 somethings in the next couple of decades, all because the adults couldn't be arsed to say no to anything.

And then demand the NHS pick up tab!

We are already the fattest nation in Europe and have caught up with America in some demographics, so alcohol will certainly play a huge part.

Wouldn't cost anything forcing kids to run a mile around the playground every morning before lunchtime.

I could weep for some of the kids I see coming out with their parents at the end of the day, being given cans of fizzy shite and cakes.

We will be burying a generation of 30 and 40 somethings in the next couple of decades, all because the adults couldn't be arsed to say no to anything.

And then demand the NHS pick up tab!

We are already the fattest nation in Europe and have caught up with America in some demographics, so alcohol will certainly play a huge part.

At the airport recently and there was this kid around 12 years old who weighed at least 10 stone, it was shocking, whilst he was messing about his t-shirt rode up, his mum couldn’t move quick enough to cover him up, I thought then if she’s that embarrassed she should be doing something about it.

As for costs, I’d have them doing sports first thing every morning, schools open from 8am so parents can get off to work, I’d be teaching ALL kids to cook between 4 and 5 so they get to learn and eat really healthy meals, win win all round as parents don’t need to rush home to get them.

We’d have a healthier population, probably find more top class athletes too.

I could. Unsure I have done for a long time (maybe two years ago or maybe more) but I could do.

I hit the bottle badly in a recent period to combat boredom and was the lowest I’ve been in a decade. Constantly unhappy and miserable. I was in the pub every night. I haven’t had a drink for nine days and don’t plan on one until the weekend minimum.

Anyone who goes without alcohol, religion apart, is an utter fucktard, just doesn’t bear thinking about. Utter weirdos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.