World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

I think Rachford is a good player , but didn't do anything different from what Stirling was doing, the big difference was Luftus Cheek for a invisible Dele Alli . Now it would be interesting if Southgate started with Stirling & Rachford (drop Lingard) having two players that could run at a defence.

I think Loftus cheek needs to be in, on the right side of midfield.

Its all over this forum from knocking Kane or Rashford to defending Sterlings England performances. Its a forum so without doubt people will view the game differently but in some instances its clearly through blue tinted specs.

I got called a dick tonight because I said Sterling was shite, this forum is mental sometimes with the bias towards our own players. I love Sterling when he plays for City, but he’s never really performed at the same level for England. I’m not saying there’s any better alternatives than Sterling, but subbing him off when he’s playing the way he was tonight was the right call.

I see the usual En-ger-land lot are out in force tonight. Can't mods please create a separate thread for them to winge about their national team and anyone who doesn't play for City?

Good win against a stubborn, dirty team. They did fuck all and we won without playing close to our best.

Thought Tunisia didn't deserve to lose TBH.

Whilst they both have faces you would never tire of punching, I don’t think Henderson and Lingard had particularly bad games. Lingard needs to work on his finishing, though.

I am probably biased but I thought Stones was England’s best player in what was largely a mediocre performance. Trippier, Kane and Maguire (aside from some errors in the first half) all did fairly well, too.

Young, Sterling and Alli were the biggest disappointments.

Worried for De Bruyne against Tunisia, they're going to kick the fuck out of him.

I’d agree with that.

4-3-3.

Walker, Stones, Maguire, Rose
Dier, RLC, Delph
Sterling, Kane, Rashford

Like the back 4 and front 3 but honestly against Panama can we be not more adventurous in the midfield 3?

We have watched City play a back 4 with basically a front 3 and 2 advanced 8s. Surely tonight and against Panama we could be a bit more adventurous.

Its a massive shame Lallana never travelled as he would offer is a bit pf guile and inventiveness in the midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.