World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

In my opinion england were average and at times tunsia played a better passing game.
As for sterling he was ok, not worse than lingard, ali was shite as was henderson and honestly without a decent central mid the attackers will struggle, Kane is non existant mainly , but jobs to score and he did it.
For me Walker was MotM as the team performance was average but he was class.

As for england, I watched the game in the friendship fallowfield and it was full of clueless studends but also regulars, only cha.t was 3 lion (probably only thing they know) 3 rwnditions of one ashley young, and the biggest cheer was for Raheems substitution, and I fear a lot of place did the same regarding sterling. Yet rashford was wank when he come on.

Preferably cricket is my national sport and tbh if sterling is gonna get that shit from a pub full of twats every game I will just enjoy the wc and not gonna be arsed supporting anyone

Made the mistake of watching the match with a group of people. If they were representative of England fans in general I’d rather watch the match by myself. Constant fucking moaning every time Sterling lost the ball but nothing when anyone else did. I quite like Rashford but it was like the second coming when he came on with these idiots. I know Sterling didn’t have a great game but he was no worse than 3 or 4 other players. I almost want him to get dropped and for England to get beat by Panama but at the end of the day I support England and want us to win. I just hope Sterling scores a hat trick next time to shut the wankers up.

I got called a dick tonight because I said Sterling was shite, this forum is mental sometimes with the bias towards our own players. I love Sterling when he plays for City, but he’s never really performed at the same level for England. I’m not saying there’s any better alternatives than Sterling, but subbing him off when he’s playing the way he was tonight was the right call.

Completely nuts mate. There is a world away from Sterlings performances for City compared to England. Some people cannot accept it though or even accept it should be open to discussion.

I’d like to see:

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Maguire, Arnold/Delph
Lingard, Henderson/Alli, Loftus-Cheek
Sterling, Kane, Rashford

I really don't like our formation, I don't think having Sterling and Kane playing as a two works at all, I don't think it suits either of them. I'd much rather Sterling dropped back into a 3 with Lingard and Alli and Kane was left up top and told to stay up there and wait for the runners off him and down the flanks Throw in a leftback who isn't the most one footed, one paced, predictable player you'll ever see and I think that would be a decent team. Maybe Loftus Cheek coming in for Alli if he continues to be anonymous

I thought he injected some energy and enthusiasm into a side running out of steam and ideas.He did no Worse than the man he replaced.

Of course he did. Was not fantastic but prepared to commit players and had the personality to try things when others had reverted to type.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.