World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

Maguire got better as the game progressed but not sure he is the answer.

All those players play in a back 4 at club level typically so a nonsense to thrust it on them for a World Cup.

City, United, Spurs to varying degrees play a 4-2-3-1 system (could be argued were more 4-1-2-3), so why change to a 5 from a system the majority of players are familiar with.

So we can he a free man at the back, yet no fucker in midfield.

I agree and that's the thing i just don't get with Sterling.

Regardless of whether he's not playing in his preferred position, there's nothing to stop him running at the opposition and trying commit players.

He's like the invisible man in an England shirt.
Complete conjecture, of course, but just thinking from a human psychology perspective, it may be because with England he is scrutinised and scapegoated in a fashion that does not happen when he is wearing a sky blue shirt. That must weigh on even his split second decision making and execution, much less when he has time to think of how he should approach a situation.

When even your tiniest mistake or inadequacy is amplified to world news coverage level, it must play on your psyche.

It’s actually one of the most impressive things about Pep: he is able to take players and make them feel appreciated, utilised, and confident.

Sterling played okay. Not great, not bad. Same as Lingaard. Getting fucking tired of him being the scapegoat.
Indeed. Lingard misseed two sitters, while Sterling’s only sitter was the cross from Lingard, where Lingard was offside.

One of the problems with many City players in their national team...and Messi in the Argie team...is that his club teammates are far, far better than the players in the national team.

Sterling played okay. Not great, not bad. Same as Lingaard. Getting fucking tired of him being the scapegoat.

Imagine how he feels. Young lad with half the country wanting him to fail and the entire media on a crusade to destroy him

Then they wonder why he doesn’t look confident when he pulls on an England shirt

This country is a fuckin joke sometimes

Complete conjecture, of course, but just thinking from a human psychology perspective, it may be because with England he is scrutinised and scapegoated in a fashion that does not happen when he is wearing a sky blue shirt. That must weigh on even his split second decision making and execution, much less when he has time to think of how he should approach a situation.

When even your tiniest mistake or inadequacy is amplified to world news coverage level, it must play on your psyche.

It’s actually one of the most impressive things about Pep: he is able to take players and make them feel appreciated, utilised, and confident.

I think Sterling struggles with pressure. He plays for England the same way he plays for us whenever we play Liverpool. We know he's capable, which is why it's so frustrating to see him struggle at national level.

I think it's more that we play to his strengths. His best attribute is his movement off the ball, which no-one in an England shirt is capable of finding.

Indeed. Lingard misseed two sitters, while Sterling’s only sitter was the cross from Lingard, where Lingard was offside.

One of the problems with many City players in their national team...and Messi in the Argie team...is that his club teammates are far, far better than the players in the national team.

I actually believe it is the system that is not suiting anyone, apart from making life easier for the defenders.

Fun fact: Tunisia didn't get a single yellow card in that game.

Alongside them being dirty bastards it was poorly officiated. Reminiscent of city, actually.

England weren't great but deserved to win the football match.

First game but from what I've seen here I'd expect us to get out of the group but would need a favourable draw to proceed any further.

I actually think the system we play makes the individual performances of the player better by playing the perfect system to get the best of their talents.

Sterling for England, Sane for Germany and even KDB has had a whinge about the system at Belgium. Thats why Sterling should bite Peps hand off on a new contract as he has become a much better player by being in the pep system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.