Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

The BBC online readers have rated Sterling the worst performer at 4.11 followed by Walker at 4.75.
Kane motm rated at 7.09.

Really hope Sterling doesn't start next game. Don't think he had a good game, and probably was one of the obvious players to be submitted. But the misses by Lingard, the way Ali faded and the poor passing of Young, and all the crap free kicks are just ignored by England fans and yet such hate comes Raheems way. He should be used as a sub with a chance to become the England hero when one of the above players are hooked off.

Really hope Sterling doesn't start next game. Don't think he had a good game, and probably was one of the obvious players to be submitted. But the misses by Lingard, the way Ali faded and the poor passing of Young, and all the crap free kicks are just ignored by England fans and yet such hate comes Raheems way. He should be used as a sub with a chance to become the England hero when one of the above players are hooked off.

Agreed.

I'm no fan of Southgate but he supports Sterling and Sterling himself seems to take the brickbats well, but the criticism is unrelenting.

Maybe putting him on as an impact sub might work, and with a bit of luck, and a fair wind, might turn things around with the media and consequently the public, but I wouldn't put the house on it.

Last edited:
The BBC online readers have rated Sterling the worst performer at 4.11 followed by Walker at 4.75.
Kane motm rated at 7.09.
Kane was wank but scored 2 which is what he’s there for , young was the worst player on the pitch but not a word is mentioned

Agreed.

I'm no fan of Southgate but he supports Sterling and Sterling himself seems to take the brickbats well, but the criticism is unrelenting.

Maybe putting him on as an impact sub might work, and with a bit of luck, and a fair wind, might turn things around with the media and consequently the public, but I wouldn't put the house on it.

I'm not sure Southgate does support Sterling.

He talks the talk but when it matters he fucks him, like bringing him off today even when Alli was injured.

He guaranteed that all anyone talks about is dropping Sterling for Rashford until the next game now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.