World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

the-shortest-man-in-the-world-he-pingping-standing-at-2-ft-537-in-picture-id95767054

Thank you good sir. Used to put a rag back in his box.

henderson and young are not good enough-get loftu/dier/rose in there-put rashford where sterling was and sterling for ligaaaard-job done-if kane can score two with that performance then we may get to the quarters

I actually believe it is the system that is not suiting anyone, apart from making life easier for the defenders.
The system makes for a relatively decent defensive set up, but we were not getting down the lines and around the back enough for me. Loftus Cheek and Rashford brought some pep to the front line late on, and it looks like Lingard called the ball and Rashford left it for him when a shot might have been better, but overall it was a strong first half, harried second half, but a win!

I seem to remember a few of these types of wins early in the season for City last year! CHAMPIONS!!!!

Loftus Cheek has to start the next game. Looked very good when he came on.

Sterling had a bad game yes but why are people insistent that he either plays in that position or not at all, does it not occur the reason he looks to be struggling is because he's not being used right or in the right position?

On that note has Southgate ever played Sterling on the right even before the formation change? For England I can only remember him playing at left-wing because of some belief Chamberlain had to be play on the right when neither of them looked right in those positions. Now he's playing as a support striker in behind Kane but again he's never looked comfortable there that I can recall.

I'm not a fan of this formation personally but if we have to stick with it then clearly even Sterling at 80% is a damn sight better than Lingard on the right side of midfield. Vardy for me should be the support striker, he can offer the runs and chasing down which Kane doesn't. Loftus-Cheek for Deli, Rose for Young enough said. Delph should at least get some minutes in Henderson's position after his showing in the warm up games. I don't rate Dier at all but if the other two aren't delivering only then should he get a chance.

I actually think the system we play makes the individual performances of the player better by playing the perfect system to get the best of their talents.

Sterling for England, Sane for Germany and even KDB has had a whinge about the system at Belgium. Thats why Sterling should bite Peps hand off on a new contract as he has become a much better player by being in the pep system.
Like.

The system makes for a relatively decent defensive set up, but we were not getting down the lines and around the back enough for me. Loftus Cheek and Rashford brought some pep to the front line late on, and it looks like Lingard called the ball and Rashford left it for him when a shot might have been better, but overall it was a strong first half, harried second half, but a win!

I seem to remember a few of these types of wins early in the season for City last year! CHAMPIONS!!!!

That's because the forward personnel are playing in positions that are alien to them. Alli is not a left winger, which is where he was playing most of the time.
Sterling is not a no.10 and Lingard is not a midfielder. I would play a front 3 of Rashford,Kane,Sterling and revert to a back 4. It's not going to happen,
but this system has too many defenders and forwards and no midfield.

I agree. The set-up appears to lend itself to being better at the back.

But, at the expense of shoehorning players into the front 4. Alli, Lingard and Sterling all look a bit lost in this formation and don't appear to suit it.

The BBC online readers have rated Sterling the worst performer at 4.11 followed by Walker at 4.75.
Kane motm rated at 7.09.

It must be so strange for Sterling, Walker and Stones that they gets to the world cup finals the supposed pinnacle of world football only to find himself playing in a weaker team and playing a lower standard of football than they do week in week out every week doing their day job.

Just think, Sterling wins the ball and looks to release Sane, Silva, DeBryne, Jesus or Aguero.
He does this with England and is faced with Lingard, Henderson, Young, Alli or Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.