World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

Still don't see why we need to play 3 at the back for this and the Panama game. 4 at the back with Dier stationed in front of the centre backs ready to drop back when the full backs go forward. Henderson and Ali in midfield with Sterling and yes Rashford out wide with the options to switch wings. Kane up top.

Im not trying to do Sterling a disservice but at City he has KDB/Silva sliding the balls behind the fullbacks so typically he utilises his blistering pace and then solely has to focus on the cross (not an easy skill) but much simpler than being asked to be a crucial aspects of a moves development and responsible for creating space which as City is done by others. Its a similar story for Sane also.

We get the best out of those two where as England with there limited midfield are unable too. Case in point how many passes did you see tonight slipped inside the fullbacks in comparison to a City match. Its like watching a different game.

Yup, agree with all of that Frank. I also think that you see the best of Sterling when he plays quickly and acts on instinct. When he has time and options he invariably hesitates and either then gets the ball caught up under his feet or ends up aimlessly running into trouble, and that’s also reflected in his consistent failure to convert when put clean through with just the keeper to beat. The role tonight just didn’t suit him. I’m sure he’d be far more effective on the right of a front three, but with clodhoppers like Henderson taking an enternity to load the bullets for him, it’s hard to see it working out for him in an England shirt. The “positive” for Sterling tonight was that he had a decent first 20 minutes, and that Lingard, Alli, Henderson and Rashford were no better. Fuelled by the usual clickbait narrative, I doubt the media will portray it that way though

Sterling was ok, lingard was worse and ali awful. And tbf it is a fact when henderson is your ferdy and ali your silva you are not playing at the same level.
However, I didn't see what formation the forward 3 was, Kane was drifing wide, lingard wandering anywhere and sterling swaping wings and staying centre.
They did 't seem cohesive at all.
Then behind them you have a pair of planks

I watched that and thought, surely they won't go after raheem for that. Not when lingard has missed 5 sitters.

I was wrong.

Fuck this country. Fucking ashamed to be English when I see some ****s...

The BBC 'fest over Rashford was appalling.
Post match highlights were shown of his 'impact' when he came on, the only problem being that in every case there was no impact with every move fizzling out including him not taking on a shot from a good position.
However I would rather he was picked ahead of Raheem who basically has become a scapegoat, but nevertheless does himself no favours. He was no better, no worse than many others including Lingard who missed a few sitters but his ' miss' from Lingard's cross was very poor and is something he definitely has very much in his locker ( United twice and the unbelievable Burnley miss). At this level that weakness in shooting is not acceptable.

I watched that and thought, surely they won't go after raheem for that. Not when lingard has missed 5 sitters.

I was wrong.

Fuck this country. Fucking ashamed to be English when I see some ****s...

I was in a pub where they bounced like it was a goal for sterlings sub.

Most non match going england fans (and many who do) are idiots, that's why I normaly don't follow international football too many clueless pricks do.

Yup, agree with all of that Frank. I also think that you see the best of Sterling when he plays quickly and acts on instinct. When he has time and options he invariably hesitates and either then gets the ball caught up under his feet or ends up aimlessly running into trouble, and that’s also reflected in his consistent failure to convert when put clean through with just the keeper to beat. The role tonight just didn’t suit him. I’m sure he’d be far more effective on the right of a front three, but with clodhoppers like Henderson taking an enternity to load the bullets for him, it’s hard to see it working out for him in an England shirt. The “positive” for Sterling tonight was that he had a decent first 20 minutes, and that Lingard, Alli, Henderson and Rashford were no better. Fuelled by the usual clickbait narrative, I doubt the media will portray it that way though

In an England shirt he is being asked to play a completely different role. More the creator than the executioner who provides the final cross.

I banged on about it earlier but City, Spurs, Utd who have a disproportionate number of players in the side play a variation of 4-2-3-1 yet Southgate decides to go with a 3-5-2. It is completely nonsensical.

I honestly do not think it is rocket science.

Rashford plays left for United play him left for England.

Sterling right for City, play him on the right. Same for Walker etc etc.

International football where time is limited, players have not built relationships is not the time for installing new systems.

Lingard misses 5 sitters and doesn't do anything.
Sterling doesn't get any chances to miss (it was offside) and completes 5 dribbles, more than lingard and alli put together.

Who gets slated and called shit? Sterling.

I don't understand how he doesn't just pack it in. No matter what, they will always hate him.

Rashford is a fucking headless chicken. He runs down blind alleys and has no awareness whatsoever. He did fuck all. But apparently he changed the game. Fucking nauseating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.