World Cup VAR

I’ve wanted to give it every chance and defended it to the hilt but when Kane’s incident gets no referral then it’s obvious that it’s absolutely pointless.
The VAR team did review it (the first one), I was listening to 5live on the way home from work, and they said on commentary that they had an indication that it was being reviewed (I assume the broadcasters get some kind of on screen indication), so its anybodies guess what the fuck they were actually watching. I don't know if they looked at the second one, which was just as bad in my opinion, but as you say if they're "clamping down" on these incidents, and still didn't give it, then its utterly pointless having it. Chris Waddle said they had been at pre tournament briefing where Collina said they were going to go hard on this sort of wrestling on corners, well they had 2 chances tonight, and failed.

The real problem is that its faceless people behind screens, who make the decision, and it will never be any good like that, as they (whoever they are) can decide on it however they bloody want to.

The VAR team did review it (the first one), I was listening to 5live on the way home from work, and they said on commentary that they had an indication that it was being reviewed (I assume the broadcasters get some kind of on screen indication), so its anybodies guess what the fuck they were actually watching. I don't know if they looked at the second one, which was just as bad in my opinion, but as you say if they're "clamping down" on these incidents, and still didn't give it, then its utterly pointless having it. Chris Waddle said they had been at pre tournament briefing where Collina said they were going to go hard on this sort of wrestling on corners, well they had 2 chances tonight, and failed.

The real problem is that its faceless people behind screens, who make the decision, and it will never be any good like that, as they (whoever they are) can decide on it however they bloody want to.

They're not faceless. Just like the referee, fourth official and linesman are named at the start of the game, so too are the VAR officials.

Just as corrupt as ever, they’ll see what they want to see, tonight proved that.

Spot on England always get the shitty end of the stick at these tournament's. Tunisia get a soft pen, England had 2 stonewall pens that var turns a blind eye to. Southgate should be going big on this in his pressers, even dress it up as asking for clarification of the rules.

They are in the sense that its all done privately, they can do whatever they want (or are paid to do).

Put the review on the screen at the stadium so that they paying public can see what they see, that way it can't (easily) be corrupt.

Corrupt? Give your head a wobble mate. So what if 40K people in a stadium cannot see a replay, the millions at home can on the telecast. To claim it's corrupt is ludicrous.

I think there should probably be something on the tannoy alerting the crowd to a VAR check, and then an announcement saying "Referees call overturned due to XYZ" so something along those lines, but to claim corruption is disingenuous.

Just as corrupt as ever, they’ll see what they want to see, tonight proved that.

Pathetic. It’s still in its very early stages. It’s not going to be perfect for years to come but at least give them credit for trying to make the game fairer. So many penalty’s have been rightly awarded this tournament so far which otherwise wouldn’t have been.
Yes the grabbing of Kane wasn’t picked up but neither would it have been anyway without VAR !

Corrupt? Give your head a wobble mate. So what if 40K people in a stadium cannot see a replay, the millions at home can on the telecast. To claim it's corrupt is ludicrous.

I think there should probably be something on the tannoy alerting the crowd to a VAR check, and then an announcement saying "Referees call overturned due to XYZ" so something along those lines, but to claim corruption is disingenuous.
I'm not bothering engaging in an argument with you, but if you can't see how it can be corrupt in its current format, its pointless me bothering to explain it.

The "millions at home" tonight saw the rugby tackle on Kane (the paying fans in the stadium didn't, and didn't even know it was being looked at), and yet its inexplicably not given as a penalty, why ? (despite the media being briefed pre tournament, there was to be a clamp down on this very offence.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.