World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

Im not trying to do Sterling a disservice but at City he has KDB/Silva sliding the balls behind the fullbacks so typically he utilises his blistering pace and then solely has to focus on the cross (not an easy skill) but much simpler than being asked to be a crucial aspects of a moves development and responsible for creating space which as City is done by others. Its a similar story for Sane also.

We get the best out of those two where as England with there limited midfield are unable too. Case in point how many passes did you see tonight slipped inside the fullbacks in comparison to a City match. Its like watching a different game.
Oh, I agree, hence the worst of all worlds. I think there are many reasons why England duty is bad for him, including how he is utilised.

Though, I do think we (City) often ask him to be a crucial aspect of creating space, although it may also be done by others (similar to Sane), so I do not think that requirement is necessarily the sole cause.

I was in a pub where they bounced like it was a goal for sterlings sub.

Most non match going england fans (and many who do) are idiots, that's why I normaly don't follow international football too many clueless pricks do.
You seen that study that says domestic violence increases by 25-35% when England play?

Far too many who watch England are unfortunately twats, who then get drunk, go home and beat their wives. Scum.

England are shite.

Roll on the return of the mighty blues let's hope they drop Raheem so he stays fit that's all I care about.

I was in a pub where they bounced like it was a goal for sterlings sub.

Most non match going england fans (and many who do) are idiots, that's why I normaly don't follow international football too many clueless pricks do.
Said exactly that. Pubs are full of non match going simpletons who pretend to be giddy and think its cool to act a ****

Completely nuts mate. There is a world away from Sterlings performances for City compared to England. Some people cannot accept it though or even accept it should be open to discussion.
Bluemoon isn't the last bastion of reasoned discussion. It's a place where Blues (mostly) chat about things. You would expect Blues to defend and protect a young man who is being treated disgracefully. We're not on Question Time, we're allowed to let emotion influence our opinions.

Yup, agree with all of that Frank. I also think that you see the best of Sterling when he plays quickly and acts on instinct. When he has time and options he invariably hesitates and either then gets the ball caught up under his feet or ends up aimlessly running into trouble, and that’s also reflected in his consistent failure to convert when put clean through with just the keeper to beat. The role tonight just didn’t suit him. I’m sure he’d be far more effective on the right of a front three, but with clodhoppers like Henderson taking an enternity to load the bullets for him, it’s hard to see it working out for him in an England shirt. The “positive” for Sterling tonight was that he had a decent first 20 minutes, and that Lingard, Alli, Henderson and Rashford were no better. Fuelled by the usual clickbait narrative, I doubt the media will portray it that way though
Not sure what game I watched, but I thought that Sterling, Alli and Henderson were the players who didn’t “click” tonight. I’m not excusing Raz because he plays for us but it irritates me that he’s played in this striker position whereas he needs to be out wide as part of a front 3. Alli and Henderson were just shit, end of.

Bluemoon isn't the last bastion of reasoned discussion. It's a place where Blues (mostly) chat about things. You would expect Blues to defend and protect a young man who is being treated disgracefully. We're not on Question Time, we're allowed to let emotion influence our opinions.

Defend him? Its a discussion about a performance on a football field on a football forum. Like I say completely nuts if you cannot be impartial when discussing players performances but does explain some of the shite written about Kane etc.

In an England shirt he is being asked to play a completely different role. More the creator than the executioner who provides the final cross.

I banged on about it earlier but City, Spurs, Utd who have a disproportionate number of players in the side play a variation of 4-2-3-1 yet Southgate decides to go with a 3-5-2. It is completely nonsensical.

I honestly do not think it is rocket science.

Rashford plays left for United play him left for England.

Sterling right for City, play him on the right. Same for Walker etc etc.

International football where time is limited, players have not built relationships is not the time for installing new systems.

Completely agree.
I have never, and will never, manage any team, never mind at international level. But as England boss, surely you look at the players at your disposal, especially your star players and think, "They're great at club level, so let's try to get the best out of them by playing them in a similar role for England," and build from there. Very few of these England lads play the role they are being asked to play here week in, week out for their club side.

The BBC 'fest over Rashford was appalling.
Post match highlights were shown of his 'impact' when he came on, the only problem being that in every case there was no impact with every move fizzling out including him not taking on a shot from a good position.
However I would rather he was picked ahead of Raheem who basically has become a scapegoat, but nevertheless does himself no favours. He was no better, no worse than many others including Lingard who missed a few sitters but his ' miss' from Lingard's cross was very poor and is something he definitely has very much in his locker ( United twice and the unbelievable Burnley miss). At this level that weakness in shooting is not acceptable.

Raheem is the modern day John Barnes, top class at club level a bit below at international level, then gets scapegoated for it. Only way to turn it around is to score some important goals and have some great games. Not easy, I think he's had the confidence knocked out of him at national level.

Good opening performance. Not pretty at times but Tunisia made sure it wouldn’t be.
Plenty of chances tonight which is a positive. 2nd half we were camped in their half. Game was ruined by consistent fouling and time wasting. We have a good young bunch and Harry Kane is a world class player. A good start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.