World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

I think that Sterling’s performance has been underplayed. He was ok and generally linked up play well. Rashford was also just about ok, no more and his contribution has been massively overplayed.

Imagine how he feels. Young lad with half the country wanting him to fail and the entire media on a crusade to destroy him

Then they wonder why he doesn’t look confident when he pulls on an England shirt

This country is a fuckin joke sometimes

Very well said. The abuse on Sterling is a joke. And this goes for many others to Lingard, henderson and ‘Rashford’ ... social media heightens the abuse level and any player that isn’t playing for your own club is labelled as ‘sh*t’. Can’t stand it. Why can’t we just support em

The only saving grace is that Southgate seems a reasonable and intelligent man, and won't replace sterling with golden boy just because the media want him to. But I would play vardy instead of lingard. I don't see the point in him being there. Sterling and vardy can do that work.

Wouldn't mind seeing this:
Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Alli Delph Rose
Sterling Kane Vardy

In an England shirt he is being asked to play a completely different role. More the creator than the executioner who provides the final cross.

I banged on about it earlier but City, Spurs, Utd who have a disproportionate number of players in the side play a variation of 4-2-3-1 yet Southgate decides to go with a 3-5-2. It is completely nonsensical.

I honestly do not think it is rocket science.

Rashford plays left for United play him left for England.

Sterling right for City, play him on the right. Same for Walker etc etc.

International football where time is limited, players have not built relationships is not the time for installing new systems.

Southgate is too cautious, might be of benefit against good teams, but is counter productive against lesser teams. I want to see England go for it against Panama, try and get ahead of Belgium on gd before the last group game.

Very well said. The abuse on Sterling is a joke. And this goes for many others to Lingard, henderson and ‘Rashford’ ... social media heightens the abuse level and any player that isn’t playing for your own club is labelled as ‘sh*t’. Can’t stand it. Why can’t we just support em
Well lingard and rashford aren't really catching that stick are they? Only on here because we don't buy into the media bullshit that everyone else does.

The BBC online readers have rated Sterling the worst performer at 4.11 followed by Walker at 4.75.
Kane motm rated at 7.09.

I'd have put Sterling joint worst with a couple of others if that helps. That embarrassing fcuk-up (fortunately offside) probably served to attract more negativity than the others. And it had nothing to do with the position he was playing.

Can't see him starting the next game.

I actually got excited tonight, and was happy when we won.
Then I saw the slagging off of Raheem.

Fuck this shit. I'm supporting Brazil.

How about the slagging off for Lingard, Henderson, Deli alli ? Managers tactics. It’s all over my Facebook feed. People just constantly moaning. This for an opening game in which we dominated and won. The slagging off on Sterling is bang out of order but so is the rest of the stick our other lads are getting. We must be the moaniest nation on the planet.

Southgate is too cautious, might be of benefit against good teams, but is counter productive against lesser teams. I want to see England go for it against Panama, try and get ahead of Belgium on gd before the last group game.

As highlighted by a back 5. Completely unnecessary and I watch Walker and Stones do it successfully week after week in a back 4 which is a much higher standard than Tunisia whos best player is at Sunderland and centre half was released by Leyton Orient.

Got to a 4 at the back, play Sterling/Rashford on the flanks and play a three with one holding, loftus cheek and Alli the most advanced behind Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.