World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

As highlighted by a back 5. Completely unnecessary and I watch Walker and Stones do it successfully week after week in a back 4 which is a much higher standard than Tunisia whos best player is at Sunderland and centre half was released by Leyton Orient.

Got to a 4 at the back, play Sterling/Rashford on the flanks and play a three with one holding, loftus cheek and Alli the most advanced behind Kane.
I don't mind the 3 at the back as long as Maguire does more of those runs into midfield. I thought he was really effective towards the end of the game.

Completely agree.
I have never, and will never, manage any team, never mind at international level. But as England boss, surely you look at the players at your disposal, especially your star players and think, "They're great at club level, so let's try to get the best out of them by playing them in a similar role for England," and build from there. Very few of these England lads play the role they are being asked to play here week in, week out for their club side.

It is simply common sense. Alli already plays off Kan at club level yet Sterling is playing there rather than his favoured position of on the right flank. Change for change sake.

I don't mind the 3 at the back as long as Maguire does more of those runs into midfield. I thought he was really effective towards the end of the game.

But for me that was only because Tunisia were sitting deep.

Spurs, City, United typically play a back 4, why change that when everyone of your defenders plays like that week in week out.

Maguire impressed me tonight, in fact, the first 20 minutes, England were on fire, everything clicked, apart from in front of goal.
Sterling was ok, Southgate needs to find his best position, and the midfield need to utilise him far more, he’s far too dangerous to keep on the bench.
Young was awful, why the Hella is a one-footed right footed player is on the left? My only hope, is that Southgate is keeping Rose and Delph for the big game against Belgium.
First games are notoriously tricky, so the result is one to be applauded, Tunisia will give Belgium more of a game than Panama that’s for sure. we deservedly won, and I’m hopeful that Southgate will build on this, because, if he gets the balance right, this team could grow into the competition

That England team was total shite! There was absolutely no midfield to speak of. Absolute garbage all over the field. FFS they were playing Tunisia, not one of the greats like Switzerland or Denmark!

Stones should be on the right of the cb's he has the ability to do the same, Walker doesn't have the composure and passing ability, not having a go but he's an up and down the line right back, he's not used to that sort of role.

I stopped watching once Sterling went off. He was trying to make something happen when almost all the others were spectating. Taking him off just then was silly. You are so lucky you have Kane.

I don't think he's going to deviate away from his three at the back now and any changes he makes will fit in with that. I kind of like the idea of him sticking to a system he thinks works with the players we have and I quite like those three at the back. Think Young needs swapping out and i think Delph might offer a bit more than Henderson.

Not sure the system suits Alli but I'm also not sure it's worth changing things to accommodate him either. Lingard was pretty meh too. Sterling not hugely exciting but he's been massively effective in the best team in the country all season so surely he deserves more grace than the likes of Lingard.

Loftus-Cheek looked great when he came on

That England team was total shite! There was absolutely no midfield to speak of. Absolute garbage all over the field. FFS they were playing Tunisia, not one of the greats like Switzerland or Denmark!

How about Argentina v Iceland, or Brazil v Switzerland. Our ‘shite’ lads dominated the match and could have had 5 or 6 on a different day.
Bunch of young lads who have got us a win and all they get in return is pathetic abuse like yours.

I stopped watching once Sterling went off. He was trying to make something happen when almost all the others were spectating. Taking him off just then was silly. You are so lucky you have Kane.

Then you missed his replacement have a far more effective game and creating more chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.