World Cup VAR

Yes the grabbing of Kane wasn’t picked up
It was reviewed though, 5live said so on commentary, directly after the incident, so why was it not picked up ?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they wanted to keep the game a contest, as 2-0 at that stage would have killed it for TV, and this is why the paying public don't get to see so called reviews, and exactly why the rugby, and cricket systems actually work.

It was reviewed though, 5live said so on commentary, directly after the incident, so why was it not picked up ?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they wanted to keep the game a contest, as 2-0 at that stage would have killed it for TV, and this is why the paying public don't get to see so called reviews, and exactly why the rugby, and cricket systems actually work.
The only thing I can think of is the idea that Kane wasn't going to get to the ball anyway, therefore it doesn't matter. The one that was given earlier in the tournament was on a player that clearly would have headed the ball otherwise. Shouldn't make a difference, but probably does.

Apart from the ref tonight, the games I’ve seen, the refs have been excellent.
The way the Tunisian player went down as if a violent elbow had been swung was pathetic, compared to Kane getting rugby tackled for one, and and almost a choke hold for the 2nd, which were far more penalty worthy.
Justice was done in the end

The only thing I can think of is the idea that Kane wasn't going to get to the ball anyway, therefore it doesn't matter. The one that was given earlier in the tournament was on a player that clearly would have headed the ball otherwise. Shouldn't make a difference, but probably does.
Did Stones not foul the defender first.So the Kane incident the correct call was made.

I'm not bothering engaging in an argument with you, but if you can't see how it can be corrupt in its current format, its pointless me bothering to explain it.

The "millions at home" tonight saw the rugby tackle on Kane (the paying fans in the stadium didn't, and didn't even know it was being looked at), and yet its inexplicably not given as a penalty, why ? (despite the media being briefed pre tournament, there was to be a clamp down on this very offence.)

So because anything can be corrupt it therefore is? Mate apply some Occams Razor and it probably is either human error or misinterpretation of the rules which has, will and continue to happen with or without VAR.

As I said, a clear way to help with VAR is to provide clarification as to why a call was made a certain way. To provide context around the decision. "We made the call based on the following reasoning." It still wont be 100% correct because the laws of the game are open to interpretation, but to immediately claim that it is corruption is stupid.

VÀR manipulation was blatant tonight.

PiGMOL will take lessons from it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.