Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Young, Lingard, Trippier and (goal hanger) Kane all had very bad games if you ask me. If one one of them put in that performance for city I'd ask for them to be shot

He had a poor game but no worse than the rest of them. He was our only creative threat too and was constantly surrounded by Tunisian players.

The commentary said over here that even if he scored the goal would have been ruled out as Lingaard was offside.

Poor display by the lad and should ahve found the net. He didn't stand out as being overly poor, but nobody stood out as being terribly great, even The Harry Kane Team's striker, I forget his name, the lad who bagged two goals and was mostly used as a Tunisian climbing frame.

Henderson my MOTM. Some excellent through balls, never looked over run in midfield, even though he was a lone midfielder, and had a great volley from edge of box. Unspectacular, but strong and steady.

For those looking for an attacking scapegoat, his name is Jesse. Missed a sitter in the first couple of minutes, then two more. On Sterling’s only obvious chance, Jesse was offside, too.

Stones will have nightmares about his whiff, but that header that created the goal reminded me of Dave Watson the way he came into the ball.

I celebrated him being subbed like it was a goal. As ever completely useless for England
Yes yes, we've all heard you. You don't like sterling, we know. You're like a petulant child, Sterling is crap,
Sterling is crap, Sterling is crap....

You're welcome to your opinion of course but it doesn't get any more interesting the more you say it.

I thought Sterling was poor but so was almost everyone else. His miss, offside or not, was almost identical to the Burnley one. I have no idea what goes through his mind in those situations just side foot the fucker in.

Trippier, Henderson, Stones and Walker were okay and the two sub's were lively but the whole second half we were flat. Kane was poor but two goals I guess you can't argue with, that's his job to score. I am surprised Lingard isn't getting hammered for missing three relatively easy chances but there again maybe not given who he plays for.

Yes. A lot worse than a few others. People can actually say fuck me that wasn’t a great show from the lad but no one will. Everyone is so uptight to defend him to high heavens they cant see the light. He was shit, that miss will probably go down as miss of the tournament and sadly it wasn’t a one off. Other players missed chances but I’d imagine people on here will slam Lingard and probably try and defend Sterling somehow. Absolute wank yet again for England, lost the ball countless times and people have said he doesn’t get it on a plate for England well raheem there was your plate, there was your knife and fork and as ever you couldn’t sort your feet out. Pants.
He did not miss because lingard was offside. But obviously this doesn't fit into your agenda.

Absolutely unbelievable some of the comments i have seen and especially on social media. He might not have had a greatvgame, but for fuucks sake did you not see the rest of the front line - or did they do themselves justice !!!!

Lingaard, was absolute shite in front of goal. The first attempt was a sitter and he totally choked his attempt and didnt even connect properly with the ball - but lets not mention it.

Alli was useless

Kane was average at best

Young was predictable and limited

Glossed over though because the whipping boy will get it all his way regardless that their was performances up their with his

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.