World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

I thought they did well in a difficult game against stuffy and competent opponents. If they had their shooting boots on or if the referee applied the rules correctly it would have been more comfortable. First 20 minutes or so were very good. Everyone contributed and they worked hard for each other. John had a great game which was great to see. Southgate continues to learn and the timing and manner of his subs were good. I would like to see Fabinho get a chance as I think his passing is better, faster, more direct than Henderson or Dier. All in all, excellent start.

I said we'd struggle if Young started and was proven correct, no balance and constantly had to go backwards because he won't use his left foot, Rose MUST start the next game.

Why did we struggle though ?

We could have had 4-5 goals on another day, Sterling and Lingard missing huge chances. Penalty appeals that could have gone our way.

We camped them in their own half for the whole game. They had one shot on shot on target and that was the penalty.

Opening games at the World Cup are never easy against opposition determined to foul and time waste - they were hard to break down but we played very well.

It’s just typical fans mentality. Dont win by a cricket score and every player is ‘sh*t’ and the manager should have used different tactics.

I thought they did well in a difficult game against stuffy and competent opponents. If they had their shooting boots on or if the referee applied the rules correctly it would have been more comfortable. First 20 minutes or so were very good. Everyone contributed and they worked hard for each other. John had a great game which was great to see. Southgate continues to learn and the timing and manner of his subs were good. I would like to see Fabinho get a chance as I think his passing is better, faster, more direct than Henderson or Dier. All in all, excellent start.

Well said

delph would be a better choice than young on the left and walker should be playing in trippier place and cahill should be in the 3 at the back. but other than that england don't have much else to add to the setup and rashford is gash and Lingard is not much better

if rashford lingard young was playing for any other team than united they would be not be in the england squad and same for henderson at liverpool but the big plus was maguire and stones solid at the back and one of the big clubs will sign maguire after the world cup

delph would be a better choice than young on the left and walker should be playing in trippier place and cahill should be in the 3 at the back. but other than that england don't have much else to add to the setup and rashford is gash and Lingard is not much better

if rashford lingard young was playing for any other team than united they would be not be in the england squad and same for henderson at liverpool but the big plus was maguire and stones solid at the back and one of the big clubs will sign maguire after the world cup
Not sure why Southgate insists on playing Walker in a back three. Cahill is much better in that position and Kyle is by far the best right wing back in the league so just put the round pegs in the round holes. Rose or Delph in for Young, Henderson and Loftus-Cheek in midfield, Kane up front and, after that, its perm any two from the rest. If you're playing with a lone striker the players behind him need to regularly contribute to the goal scoring, KDB, Silva, Sane and Sterling all do it for City, but nobody seems able to do it for England.

We could have had 4-5 goals on another day, Sterling and Lingard missing huge chances. Penalty appeals that could have gone our way.

We camped them in their own half for the whole game. They had one shot on shot on target and that was the penalty.

Opening games at the World Cup are never easy against opposition determined to foul and time waste - they were hard to break down but we played very well.

It’s just typical fans mentality. Dont win by a cricket score and every player is ‘sh*t’ and the manager should have used different tactics.

Don't remember Sterling missing a chance to score. Unless you are referring to the offside, which therefore wasn't really a chance.

Sterling played okay. Not great, not bad. Same as Lingaard. Getting fucking tired of him being the scapegoat.

Lambasted in the DT this morning for missing a sitter. Wasn't it the sitter where Lingard was offside, and no mention of the sitter Lingard scuffed. Walker and Sterling get 5's and Stones 6 in the man-marking but the same goon doing the scoring also states that Hassen the first goalie "Packed enough drama into his 15 minutes on the field for an entire match, producing two brilliant reflex saves", and then gave him a five. The scoring reflects very much the Dipper/Rag/Haringey axis of the RDAHMeedya!

Just to keep the record straight Sterling did not miss a huge chance because the linesman had flagged for offside before he took the shot.

Trippier,Henderson and Stones stood out for me, hopefully the nerves will have lessened by the next game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.