World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

I really don't get this. What did Rashford do? Bearing in mind he's coming on with fresh legs against a team that had been pretty much defending all game in tiring conditions.

Yes Rashford is direct and isn't afraid to run at people (which Sterling would probably do if he knew he wouldn't get slated to high heaven every time he lost it) but still didn't create anything, ran into a couple of defenders and did a load of twists then passed it backwards.

Also I'm not interested in slating Rashford Lingard etc but will stick up for Sterling when he gets this same shit every game.

Correct

We won, so why all the negativity? The club loyalties need to be put aside otherwise it just becomes a joke, United fans think Rashford turned the game, Pool fans think Henderson put in a masterclass, Blues think Sterling is being harshly treated etc.
Fact is these are young lads giving their all and there were some good performances and some mediocre ones but it doesn’t matter who cares just the fact we won should be enough

There are some articles claiming Rashfords 22 min cameo was superb. WTF? He was worse than Sterling. At least Sterling kept possession.

Last edited:
We won, so why all the negativity? The club loyalties need to be put aside otherwise it just becomes a joke, United fans think Rashford turned the game, Pool fans think Henderson put in a masterclass, Blues think Sterling is being harshly treated etc.
Fact is these are young lads giving their all and there were some good performances and some mediocre ones but it doesn’t matter who cares just the fact we won should be enough

nail on the head buddy

i think with some, it's alot easier to be negative , they know England will drop out sooner or later so may aswell jump on the anti bandwagon

To be fair, Rashford did turn the game

You England fans are a strange lot you got the win you needed but the negativity is overwhelming. I thought you started off brilliantly looked a bit jaded in the second half but kept going and got the win not much more you could ask for imo. Only thing I would say is by playing Sterling out of position Southgate is doing Raz no favours. I really do think he is trying to support him but it's backfiring. Raz had a brilliant season but if he's doesn't fit into the squad playing in the position where he can perform like he can for City then just drop him and play a player who does fit. The abuse online towards Sterling is awful. Well done anyway, one game done let's hope they can keep going. Can't believe I jumped up and cheered an England goal, strange times... ;)

I'm not sure what's happened to me with regards to England. I used to love cheering us on in the WC but watching last night I found out that I couldn't give a shit about how we do. When Kane scored the last minute winner I didn't feel anything at all. This is not a conscious decision and I wish I didn't feel like it, but that's the way it is. I feel similar about international football in general. Sooner I can watch City again the better.

I don't want to be negative and want to be in a position where I'm fully behind them and going mad when we score but everytime I try do that we get the usual shit with Sterling which makes me give less of a fuck how we end up doing.

Why did we struggle though ?

We could have had 4-5 goals on another day, Sterling and Lingard missing huge chances. Penalty appeals that could have gone our way.

We camped them in their own half for the whole game. They had one shot on shot on target and that was the penalty.

Opening games at the World Cup are never easy against opposition determined to foul and time waste - they were hard to break down but we played very well.

It’s just typical fans mentality. Dont win by a cricket score and every player is ‘sh*t’ and the manager should have used different tactics.

If you don't think we struggled to break them down second half i'd assume you'd been watching WHU for a while :0).

Yes we were dominant of possession but we created few chances ourselves after half time. I'm not saying every player is shit but a few last night played poorly, the balance was wrong, Young shouldn't be in the side at left back and someone in midfield also needs to be able to play with their left. I said we'd find it hard to break them down yesterday afternoon if Young started and was correct, it upsets the rhythm of the side with him coming back onto his right foot.
It doesn't really need wholesale changes just a little tweak or 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.