Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

from what I have seen this mornings news he is getting hammered. No one really bothered about Alli or Lingard poor performances they just highlight Sterling.

It's all going to form, he can only turn this around with a worldy (Just to get them off his back) and he doesnt seem capable of doing that at the moment.

Only option for him is to retire from England duty. He cannot win

No they'e not - not all round better.
Anyway we clearly disagree.

Clearly. Btw I never said he wasn't quick, he can pick up pace running in straight lines but his movenent is nowhere near as sharp as Aguero and Jesus, owing simply to his size.

Sterling was dropping into midfield nicely last night, other than the one miss i don't think he did that bad. His off the ball movement was good and he was creating space for others as well. But the media don't mention how shit Ashley Young was, constantly slowing down forward attacks by cutting back on his wrong foot, i can't remember him whipping in one ball with his left foot.

I think it's far easier for a player to enter a game with 20 minutes to go, after sussing the opposition movement and players out, than to start from the off.
If roles had been reversed, Rashford would've been crowded out in just the same way Sterling /Young and Kane were.
1st games are notoriously difficult in a World Cup, a whole separate and different set of pressures/ scenarios / opposition never faced before that need negotiating as the game progressed.
England should've been 3-0 up at least before Tunisia got the penalty. Ali, Lingard, Young and co. who actually had chances to score, are they being targeted with the hooked finger in the same way Sterling is?
Southgate needs to play Sterling in his usual position if they want to get the best out of him, and Young was by far the worst player on the pitch last night. Sterling caused problems for Tunisia, Young did nothing but pass back, cut in on his right, then pass back, waste free kicks, that he delivered 1 decent corner the whole night should not save him from being replaced with either Rose or Delph

I think it's far easier for a player to enter a game with 20 minutes to go, after sussing the opposition movement and players out, than to start from the off.
If roles had been reversed, Rashford would've been crowded out in just the same way Sterling /Young and Kane were.
1st games are notoriously difficult in a World Cup, a whole separate and different set of pressures/ scenarios / opposition never faced before that need negotiating as the game progressed.
England should've been 3-0 up at least before Tunisia got the penalty. Ali, Lingard, Young and co. who actually had chances to score, are they being targeted with the hooked finger in the same way Sterling is?
Southgate needs to play Sterling in his usual position if they want to get the best out of him, and Young was by far the worst player on the pitch last night. Sterling caused problems for Tunisia, Young did nothing but pass back, cut in on his right, then pass back, waste free kicks, that he delivered 1 decent corner the whole night should not save him from being replaced with either Rose or Delph

Rashford was crowded out mate, he produced the square root of fuck all. Well no sorry, he earned a freekick by the sideline and a corner, that's about it.

Playing for City Raheem has players like Kun, KDB, Ferny, Silva, Sane etc who will move into space etc. With England he is surrounded by complete and utter dross...

Yes. A lot worse than a few others. People can actually say fuck me that wasn’t a great show from the lad but no one will. Everyone is so uptight to defend him to high heavens they cant see the light. He was shit, that miss will probably go down as miss of the tournament and sadly it wasn’t a one off. Other players missed chances but I’d imagine people on here will slam Lingard and probably try and defend Sterling somehow. Absolute wank yet again for England, lost the ball countless times and people have said he doesn’t get it on a plate for England well raheem there was your plate, there was your knife and fork and as ever you couldn’t sort your feet out. Pants.
Attention seeking knobhead

Attention seeking knobhead
Agreed, and if he'd have stopped his frothing of his mouth he might have realised that the miss wouldn't have counted if he'd banged it in as Lingard was flagged offside...eventually

Raheem was no worse than some of the others in an England shirt.

Alli, Young, Lingard were all as bad. Rashford was hardly an improvement when he replaced Sterling.

I don't think England were that impressive - but for the press and England fans to be blaming one player is ridiculous - there were no great performances anywhere on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.