Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Yes. A lot worse than a few others. People can actually say fuck me that wasn’t a great show from the lad but no one will. Everyone is so uptight to defend him to high heavens they cant see the light. He was shit, that miss will probably go down as miss of the tournament and sadly it wasn’t a one off. Other players missed chances but I’d imagine people on here will slam Lingard and probably try and defend Sterling somehow. Absolute wank yet again for England, lost the ball countless times and people have said he doesn’t get it on a plate for England well raheem there was your plate, there was your knife and fork and as ever you couldn’t sort your feet out. Pants.
Woooooa you moved from reasoned argument to hate.

He wasnt absolute wank
He wasnt shit
No way was he a lot worse than others
No one here is saying that was a "great show"
Lingard (And Alli) played worse if not as bad and lacklustre as Sterling
The shot he missed was offside anyway! even the hate media are ignoring that

You seem to actually dislike him, I think no matter what he does (Unless he has a world class performance) he wont be "right" in the england team. It smells of the same shit the hate media have for him, always pick out the negative, nothing positive about him.... except an acknowledgement that he is picked on and bullied whilst still slamming him. Same crap I hear on Talksport.

Last edited:
The media seem to dwell on his need to score more and frankly that is his weakness, he lacks composure when shooting for goal with City as well as England.

He is not alone of course but I cannot see him changing. Pep has worked on him but lets say he lacks an ability to pass the ball into the net Jimmy Greaves style.
Of course he has scored for City but he is hardly a clinical striker for us and our style allows him to interchange with world class players.

No loss to us if he is replaced and maybe others can be more score capable but I cannot imagine who will generate the openings.

Yes. A lot worse than a few others. People can actually say fuck me that wasn’t a great show from the lad but no one will. Everyone is so uptight to defend him to high heavens they cant see the light. He was shit, that miss will probably go down as miss of the tournament and sadly it wasn’t a one off. Other players missed chances but I’d imagine people on here will slam Lingard and probably try and defend Sterling somehow. Absolute wank yet again for England, lost the ball countless times and people have said he doesn’t get it on a plate for England well raheem there was your plate, there was your knife and fork and as ever you couldn’t sort your feet out. Pants.
Fuck me. Leave it out mate. You’re not the only one to have had to endure a shit childhood!

He was bang average last night along with a fair number of players but it isn't a surprise that Sterling is the one singled out, in fact it is inevitable. I was only half watching after the match but did the BBC ****s really say that Rashford came on and changed the game? They then seemed to show a little Rashford highlights role of him doing absolutely fuck all which would be about right because he did actually do fuck all when he came on. And this is the thing that really grates. Rashford runs straight into a defender and loses possession and it's great direct play that has changed the game, Sterling does that and he is puled up for being shit. Rashford was worse than Sterling last night when he came on IMO.

He didnt play well last, a couple of bits that were good. I would say a 6/10, he was a bit of a headless chicken when running with the ball. Although he contributed to what was the best start to any match ive seen so far. He is strong when he has the ball, just poor decision making at times. I still think he will play a very important roll in this World Cup and score the winning penalty in the final (which ive got at 80/1)

That's the thing though isn't it? nobody is clamoring for Deli Alli, Lingard etc to be dropped, just Sterling.
Phil McNulty on BBC Website
"
"Jesse Lingard is usually assured in front of goal and can still be relied on, but there is no escaping the brutal truth that Raheem Sterling's England goal record is wretched and must improve soon."

From the article titled 'Lots of positives for England but Sterling must improve'

Woooooa you moved from reasoned argument to hate.

He wasnt absolute wank
He wasnt shit
No way was he a lot worse than others
No one here is saying that was a "great show"
Lingard (And Alli) played worse if not as bad and lacklustre as Sterling
The shot he missed was offside anyway! even the hate media are ignoring that

You seem to actually dislike him, I think no matter what he does (Unless he has a world class performance) he wont be "right" in the england team. It smells of the same shit the hate media have for him, always pick out the negative, nothing positive about him.... except an acknowledgement that he is picked on and bullied whilst still slamming him. Same crap I hear on Talksport.
Actually hawksby and sidekick are both supporting Sterling. A Chelsea and Spud fan both saying the criticism he is getting is out of order. Bullies need support for protection..

Yep - taking the blue specs off for one minute, that is a serious question.
Kun is getting on and is more and more off the pace and Jesus - well, can see glimmers of talent but not entirely sure what he is. I know on here he's the new Pele.
Also a myth that Kane isn't quick.

He'd always be shooting instead of passing to players in a better position, great striker not so great team player. If you think he's better than Kun or Jesus then fine it's your opinion, but not one shared by many on here i'd guess.

Phil McNulty on BBC Website
"
"Jesse Lingard is usually assured in front of goal and can still be relied on, but there is no escaping the brutal truth that Raheem Sterling's England goal record is wretched and must improve soon."

From the article titled 'Lots of positives for England but Sterling must improve'

Lingard has 1 in 13. Mr. Reliable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.