Getting Rid of Bees

There's a powder poison you can get to kill them, basically the idea is you get as close as you can to the nest, spray the powder over the entrance, the bees/wasps end up bringing the powder in with them into the nest and it kills more in the nest. I've used it on a wasp nest in my own attic two years ago and it worked great. I also recommend using a vacuum and putting the powder or wasp spray onto every so often to kill the ones you've sucked up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

uHSfuws.jpg

Go to the fancy dress shop and get yourself a bee suit.
You'll be their best mate in no time and the noise will evaporate.

There's a powder poison you can get to kill them, basically the idea is you get as close as you can to the nest, spray the powder over the entrance, the bees/wasps end up bringing the powder in with them into the nest and it kills more in the nest. I've used it on a wasp nest in my own attic two years ago and it worked great. I also recommend using a vacuum and putting the powder or wasp spray onto every so often to kill the ones you've sucked up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bees are in huge decline,they should be a protected species so people can't kill them,just leave them to it,humans don't have to keep killing nature because it annoys them in the night

Thanks for all your replies.

Managed to get in touch with a bee keeper and they are going to take a look tomorrow to confirm what type they are. If they are honey bees he will relocate the nest. If bumble bees he recons that their life cycle is only a couple of months and then they should go, he just suggests filling up any gaps once they vacate.

Was a bit worried that it would be a regular (yearly) thing but apparently they don’t normally go back to an old nest site. So @TheRemainsOfTheDave was bang on .

Managed to get in touch with a bee keeper and they are going to take a look tomorrow to confirm what type they are. If they are honey bees he will relocate the nest. If bumble bees he recons that their life cycle is only a couple of months and then they should go, he just suggests filling up any gaps once they vacate.

Was a bit worried that it would be a regular (yearly) thing but apparently they don’t normally go back to an old nest site.
Thank you for the update,twists my melon when people start a thread and you never know what happens in the end

Was a bit worried that it would be a regular (yearly) thing but apparently they don’t normally go back to an old nest site. So @TheRemainsOfTheDave was bang on .

Great stuff, like others i am very much for saving the bees and you chose the best way to deal with it. I plant specifically now to attract the bees, the entire perimeter of my garden will be sweet pea central soon along with a load of sunflowers and wild flowers. They are a lovely little creature who we owe our existence to more so than probably any other animal.

Great tip if you see them on their arse crawling, get them a bit of sugar water in a lid of a jam jar or similar. They will refuel very quick and be on their merry way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.