Manchester Airport Terminal 1

Directors there should be strung up. I guarantee employees will be able to suggest dozens of improvements.
100s if not thousands,

where do you start,from an employee point of view I would flatten the place and start again, it isn't fit for purpose ,people complain that the luggage takes ages,well try and get from the plane with the bags when the road is in between the taxi ways and stands, aircraft coming onto stand and leaving the stand have priority obviously, then drive down the potholed roads with bags coming off left right and centre stopping to pick them up ,and you daren't go faster than 5mph because they have speed police and that can cost us £50 a pop for speeding, i got done for speeding 12 mph.
I work for a decent outfit,but a lot of these handlers who deal with the budget airlines just don't have the staff, in fact most of the airport has bare minimum staffing levels, and breathe :)

im hoping that the improvements to t2 will start to ease the problems

100s if not thousands,

where do you start,from an employee point of view I would flatten the place and start again, it isn't fit for purpose ,people complain that the luggage takes ages,well try and get from the plane with the bags when the road is in between the taxi ways and stands, aircraft coming onto stand and leaving the stand have priority obviously, then drive down the potholed roads with bags coming off left right and centre stopping to pick them up ,and you daren't go faster than 5mph because they have speed police and that can cost us £50 a pop for speeding, i got done for speeding 12 mph.
I work for a decent outfit,but a lot of these handlers who deal with the budget airlines just don't have the staff, in fact most of the airport has bare minimum staffing levels, and breathe :)

im hoping that the improvements to t2 will start to ease the problems

Any good jobs you can recommend at the airport mate I fancy a change and the new road would make the commute pretty easy for me.

Any good jobs you can recommend at the airport mate I fancy a change and the new road would make the commute pretty easy for me.
THAT NEW ROAD is a fucking nightmare at the moment.
depends if you are happy to work long hard unsociable hours, lose any friends you may have , get poorly paid and are completely happy getting one weekend a month off missing city 75% of the time,how appealing does that sound :)

i enjoy working at the airport,i think there is a job site on the tinterweb

and jobs that I would recommend ?eeerm what about a piss and poo man :) or pilot.

THAT NEW ROAD is a fucking nightmare at the moment.
depends if you are happy to work long hard unsociable hours, lose any friends you may have , get poorly paid and are completely happy getting one weekend a month off missing city 75% of the time,how appealing does that sound :)

i enjoy working at the airport,i think there is a job site on the tinterweb

and jobs that I would recommend ?eeerm what about a piss and poo man :) or pilot.

You’ve sold it me, I fancy the pilot position and will mention you to get my foot in the door.

A good few years ago, when working for a top consultancy, we were working with the airport senior management team on a strategic review. It was very interesting that they thought that getting punters through the door was their key objective and that people actively chose to fly from there. They hadn't really thought it through though & failed to understand that the availability of flights (and the price) were the key determinants to getting people in. The airlines saw it correctly; they complained that they weren't seen as the customers (and that particularly applied to the charter airlines) and that having a good selection of routes was the key to attracting customers. Essentially the airport was an enabler, or the infrastructure, that connected people with airlines/flights.

There was also a funny incident when a couple of us were meeting with the finance director. He had to excuse himself to go and impound an aircraft over unpaid fees. The on-site management of the airline concerned had been in another meeting, which they had to leave sharpish. The meeting was with the airport Sales team, who were trying to sell them new routes. The FD came back and said "That's exactly what's wrong with this place. There's one team trying to sell new routes but they aren't paying for the ones they have. Everyone is doing their own thing and we aren't working as a team".

I flew back from Washington Dulles last week and it was a breeze, albeit it wasn't that busy. Printed my baggage tag off at the machine, dropped the bag at the bag drop and, thanks to the TSA pre-check that the Americans do for certain people on certain flights, breezed through security in a special lane. Didn't have to take my change out of my pockets, remove my belt or shoes. It took about 5 minutes from arriving at check-in to clearing security. A wonderful experience.

A good few years ago, when working for a top consultancy, we were working with the airport senior management team on a strategic review. It was very interesting that they thought that getting punters through the door was their key objective and that people actively chose to fly from there. They hadn't really thought it through though & failed to understand that the availability of flights (and the price) were the key determinants to getting people in. The airlines saw it correctly; they complained that they weren't seen as the customers (and that particularly applied to the charter airlines) and that having a good selection of routes was the key to attracting customers. Essentially the airport was an enabler, or the infrastructure, that connected people with airlines/flights.

There was also a funny incident when a couple of us were meeting with the finance director. He had to excuse himself to go and impound an aircraft over unpaid fees. The on-site management of the airline concerned had been in another meeting, which they had to leave sharpish. The meeting was with the airport Sales team, who were trying to sell them new routes. The FD came back and said "That's exactly what's wrong with this place. There's one team trying to sell new routes but they aren't paying for the ones they have. Everyone is doing their own thing and we aren't working as a team".

I flew back from Washington Dulles last week and it was a breeze, albeit it wasn't that busy. Printed my baggage tag off at the machine, dropped the bag at the bag drop and, thanks to the TSA pre-check that the Americans do for certain people on certain flights, breezed through security in a special lane. Didn't have to take my change out of my pockets, remove my belt or shoes. It took about 5 minutes from arriving at check-in to clearing security. A wonderful experience.
When I worked for them the entire management structure was all over the place after the MOD worst company I've worked for, last time I get a cleaning job ;-)

Fly from there at least twice a month and never had an issue.

Passport control and security have been a nightmare each time for me. Huge queues. Not to mention having a relaxing drink before my flight with slow service and £££.

Even getting there was poor from Piccadilly. The train was somewhat ramshackle (and late coming in.)

I hate Gatwick too. Using Heathrow for Denmark and London City for Dublin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.