Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then 2nd My is still far away and I don't think we will wait until then to see how their manager and players reacts over a hard stand by Leicester.
I guess we are moving on if they still insist on £75m+ valuation

If we really want him, I'm sure we would be willing to negotiate a fair deal with Leicester. However I don't think this will happen because their owner has form and likes being a c*nt just because he can. He doesn't have to negotiate and wouldn't care a jot if Mahrez was forced to stay at Leicester.
As has been said before, previous players had to "go to war" to seek a transfer out of there. The idiot in this case is the player's agent for not inserting a buyout clause/fee in his contract.
I feel sorry for Mahrez if this falls through, chance of a lifetime. I also think he would be great for us.

This one looks unlikely now then? To be fair txiki can’t be held responsible if Leicester up the price randomly and I for one think that it’s a good thing that we have a valuation and stick to it! Hopefully it can still happen but as the difference in fee is considerable then I would imagine we will move on quickly so pep can start planning knowing the players he will definitely have for next season

Ffs first they didn’t want Roberts then they did now supposedly have ended interest altogether,feels like they are taking the piss with us I’d rather we just moved on from mahrez ..
I would assume the club will want to get the Jorginho (hope I have spelled that correctly) deal sorted, and then pretty soon afterwards focus efforts on getting Mahrez in, or if we don’t like what Leicester are asking for we will move on to our next target as you say. Also the longer we leave that deal the closer Leicester are to starting pre season with a pissed off star player. I assume that’s our thinking

Makes sense why we not hearing much news on this one, a local Leicester newspaper reporting "no open dialogue" between us and Leicester......

Mahrez is due back in pre-season training on July 2nd...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ews/what-happening-riyad-mahrezs-move-1693258

What is happening with Riyad Mahrez's move from Leicester City to Manchester City
Expected move to the Etihad Stadium has not materialised yet for Mahrez.

Riyad Mahrez’s expected move to Manchester City appears to have stalled.

After Leicester City stood firm in the January window and rejected Manchester City’s offer of £50 million plus attacking midfielder Patrick Roberts, and Mahrez’s obvious disappointment, it was expected a deal would be resurrected when the summer window opened.

Mahrez’s agent Kia Joorabchian has been working hard to try to broker a deal between the Premier League champions and City but there is currently no open dialogue between the two clubs, the Mercury understands.

I would assume the club will want to get the Jorginho (hope I have spelled that correctly) deal sorted, and then pretty soon afterwards focus efforts on getting Mahrez in, or if we don’t like what Leicester are asking for we will move on to our next target as you say. Also the longer we leave that deal the closer Leicester are to starting pre season with a pissed off star player. I assume that’s our thinking
I think City will get this done. Sometimes when clubs do this I wish City would walk away and the player stuffs them on a free and they get nothing. However in reality unless they
refuse to sell we’ll pay. We need the right player not to make a point to difficult owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.