Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports today are that city are prepared to walk away. Is that true? Deal could be off?
Let’s hope so!

Nothing but bullshit since we said we wanted him for an extortionate sum, and even then Leicester fucked around! For the stupid money we are talking about, we MUST be able to find two talented youngsters elsewhere! Have never felt like he would be a good fit, let alone worth the money. Doesn’t seem like a Pep player to me.

It'd be a shame if this did fall through. I think Mahrez would be a great addition to the squad.

Last edited:
They still don’t have to sell and they already got the replacement in early so it still won’t move them.
But if they've got the replacement surely they need to sell Mahrez now as otherwise someone is going to end up with a lot less playing time than they were envisioning? Not to mention squad size and total wage bill considerations.

But if they've got the replacement surely they need to sell Mahrez now as otherwise someone is going to end up with a lot less playing time than they were envisioning? Not to mention squad size and total wage bill considerations.

Most owners have ego's the size of planets so I'm sure all this posturing from Leicester is just that...

I think City will get this done. Sometimes when clubs do this I wish City would walk away and the player stuffs them on a free and they get nothing. However in reality unless they
refuse to sell we’ll pay. We need the right player not to make a point to difficult owners.
Agree with you to a point, but we have proved that if owners or players are stupidly difficult or greedy then we will walk away. People say it’s not our money, and whilst true we have to be sensible, FFP n all that

Think he would be a great signing but if City walk away I would be equally as happy, lot of other players out there that wouldn't cost 75 million.

Hell, why not just give Roberts a go, nothing lost if it doesn't work out for him/us.

Last edited:
2) Long term cover for Aguero. Jesus maybe affected positively or negatively by Brazil's World Cup. At the moment it does not look good as Neymar does not look fit, and rest of Brazil team is poor. This could develop into an issue for us.
Neymar not being fit might be a benefit to Brazil, it might mean they play for a team, rather than an ego.

Either way, Jesus will still be playing in a far better team come August, for a better coach.

Neymar not being fit might be a benefit to Brazil, it might mean they play for a team, rather than an ego.

Either way, Jesus will still be playing in a far better team come August, for a better coach.

Couldn't agree more! In school we used to call Neymar's type 'hogs' simply never passed the ball even when faced with a wall of defenders he'll still try and dribble through or shoot rather than look for a team mate. I'd like to see how Brazil do without him, personally I reckon they would thrive

I have a feeling that this transfer will drag on until the last transfer day and then, either LCFC will be in desperate situation for money or City abandoning the deal. I have a sense that this deal is still on (not being LFC-fekir optimist), but this might be a ploy from city to send out some sort of a message. (Think Jorginho)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.