Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who we'd get if this falls through.

- He's perfectly suited to hitting the ground running because of his experience in the country.
- He's already very good, with potential to take a step up in a better side.
- He's not such a marquee signing that he'll have to play every single game. We can balance his game time with Sterling and Sané and keep them all happy.

No one else on the market offers that. Also it's a big bonus he's not at the world cup.

Anyone else mentioned as a target is either a v. young player to develop or too big a name to fit alongside the other 4/5 forward options we have.

My problem is that I still don't see where he fits. We have Bernardo and Sterling for the right hand side and, for the sake of balance, I was hoping we'd be looking at a right footed left winger to compete with Sané who, in my opinion, is easily the most inconsistent of our wingers.

My problem is that I still don't see where he fits. We have Bernardo and Sterling for the right hand side and, for the sake of balance, I was hoping we'd be looking at a right footed left winger to compete with Sané who, in my opinion, is easily the most inconsistent of our wingers.

We need a left winger, that's where the space in the squad is, so I think it's pretty certain Mahrez will make the switch to the left like Sané did when he came here, having played on the right for Schalke 90% of the season before he moved.

He'll be able to play on the right when needed, but LW will probably be his regular spot.

Last edited:
Let’s hope so!

Nothing but bullshit since we said we wanted him for an extortionate sum, and even then Leicester fucked around! For the stupid money we are talking about, we MUST be able to find two talented youngsters elsewhere! Have never felt like he would be a good fit, let alone worth the money. Doesn’t seem like a Pep player to me.
More importantly he seems like a Pep player to Pep

He's the best available attacking midfielder/winger in the league and I think he would be absolutely superb for us, his output is up there with the best and in a mid-table defence minded team. I hope we get this sorted asap.

So I'll ask again....

That's not a "talanted youngster", but a proven PL player.
Good job that wasn’t the standard when we bought Silva, Silva, Laporte, Ederson, Aguero, Yaya, Sané, KDB or Kompany, eh?!

“Proven Premier League Player” is very simplistic and adds £20M+ to anyone!

He's better than Sterling. The only thing Sterling can oppose him is his pace which makes him very similar to Sané on the left. Everything else, skills, passing, shooting, finish and especially game vision are in favor of Mahrez. The latter is not only a winger but also a playmaker, which both Sané and Sterling aren't.

Not having at Sterling who had a fantastic season and still a lot of room for improvement but at the moment for anyone who saw both play, it's a no contest.

That said I'm fairly certain that both clubs will come to an arrangement.

I doubt we’d end up paying £75m on Mahrez.

If Leicester continue to play hardball, I think we may go balls deep for Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.