Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inflated price? £25m for a 21 year old international striker that was capable of hitting double digits at 18? Funny, PSG paid £166m for a slightly younger one in the same window.

Ihenacho will get goals. Better than that Slimani they paid lots for and better than Ulloa?... hence both gone

Sterling is class and last season there were matches when his absence was felt.
However, without getting into specifics and do think Mahrez is better, not in all round game, as they both have strengths and weaknesses.
Its Mahrez's ability to change a game with individual brilliance or his ability to create that stands out at this time.
Again this does not mean that Sterling is shit or is unable to do the same, as he can, its just that Mahrtez, I suspect is or will in this City side be more potent in being able to affect games more consistently.

Some on here seem to think the club has a bottomless pit of money and just expect City to sign whoever they want. Clearly that isnt the case these days. We spent a huge amount of money the last few transfer windows and Khaldoon stated that spending wasn't going to carry on. Mahrez is ok but he isn't as good as the players we already have in Barnado Dave and KDB. Sane and Sterling are just as good. People slate Sterling for his missed chances but forget that he creates so many of those chances himself where as other players simply don't create as much. If the club has walked away at the figures touted by Leicester then good. There are others out there. £90 is way too much for a player who averages 11 goals and just over 6 assists a season. If Leicester think they can get £90m elsewhere then that is their prerogative they don't have to sell.

I agree with your first sentence, and that is because they are totally different players, completely different roles and skill sets..

The second sentence is because you've been brainwashed by the media about his england form, his City form is all we care about, and we've seen it every week, you probably only on highlights packages and the like.
They are totally different but are likely to be competing for the RW slot a lot of the time.
What makes Mahrez a mouthwatering prospect in a City shirt is his calmness in front of goal something Raheem for all his qualities still has to add to his game.

The problem for Leicester is they last seasons market seems to have gone away. You can’t cite Sanchez, Pogba, Dembele or Coutinho imo when that kind of money isn’t being spent. Fekir was mid 50s, Lemar around 60. Lamar was rumored at 90 last season. I don’t think the market has cratered and you can debate Mahrez in relation to these and other players but their valuation being pegged to last transfer season is a mistake

They are totally different but are likely to be competing for the RW slot a lot of the time.
What makes Mahrez a mouthwatering prospect in a City shirt is his calmness in front of goal something Raheem for all his qualities still has to add to his game.
But would mahrez find himself in goalscoring opportunities as often? If so then some incredible numbers could be posted. If not maybe we'll appreciate the work sterling does to find space.

I find the prospect of them together most mouthwatering

I'd be very surprised if Mahrez and Sterling were competing for RW much if at all.

The gap in the squad is at LW. We have 2 strikers, 2 options at RW (until Pep considers Bernardo a midfielder, which he's shown no indication of doing) and only Sané to play on the left.

The idea that we'd sign a 3rd player to play on the right makes no sense, there's already healthy competition there, there's already a choice of having a more creative player in Bernardo or a faster goal-scoring player in Sterling, a natural wide player, or someone cutting inside. It's not an area of the team that needs any improvement,

Last edited:
The problem for Leicester is they last seasons market seems to have gone away. You can’t cite Sanchez, Pogba, Dembele or Coutinho imo when that kind of money isn’t being spent. Fekir was mid 50s, Lemar around 60. Lamar was rumored at 90 last season. I don’t think the market has cratered and you can debate Mahrez in relation to these and other players but their valuation being pegged to last transfer season is a mistake

None of them has ever set a foot in the PL until now, let alone been the PFA player of the year and Ballon d'or nominee (7th). Or has achieved the double figures goal/assists twice in the last three season. One of them is a proven PL player, the rest are a gamble. Bakayako (Chelsea) this season is an eloquent example.

He is in Hazard's league, ability and results wise whilst playing in a lesser team. So why should he be worth only 60M?

And Bravo looked like a Pep goalkeeper to Pep.....until he didn’t!
That’s that then Pep got one wrong, so he hasn’t got a fucking scooby. There’s a big difference which is he has seen Mahrez play regularly in the Premier League, so I am afraid your analogy is bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.