World Cup 2018 | 20th June Matches | Next Match: Iran vs Spain, KO 19:00 (BST)

In the area you have to challenge if it's a shot though, your hands are tied. No point in bringing in midfield as the game has been refereed differently in the area since the area was introduced.
True but I disagree with saying that just because the opportunity to score may be gone then a foul can't, or is less likely to, be committed. I understand natural movement after a slide tackle for example but I don't believe Fonte tried to sincerely block a shot/header.

He just barged the fuck out of him in desperation.

I'll have you know it's coming home mate
Don't see it. Spain look too good as a team. Germany, Portugal, Brasil, Argentina, France have better players. Plus your press would prefer to attack failures so they're working on destabilising the team as we speak.

Don't see it. Spain look too good as a team. Germany, Portugal, Brasil, Argentina, France have better players. Plus your press would prefer to attack failures so they're working on destabilising the team as we speak.
Nah I'm being sarcastic mate, I'd be happy with QF's.
Assuming you're not English?

“More on Cristiano Ronaldo’s latest heroics after the break...”

You mean the match where he scored a free header and then did **** all for the other 90+ minutes?

I will concede he was very good in passages against Spain (those passages seeing him get a hattrick), but this continual heroics narrative being pushed is getting very stale.

True but I disagree with saying that just because the opportunity to score may be gone then a foul can't, or is less likely to, be committed. I understand natural movement after a slide tackle for example but I don't believe Fonte tried to sincerely block a shot/header.

He just barged the fuck out of him in desperation.
I think he challenged for the header. I've been in that boat with your back to play when you can't see the runners and you're afraid to lose the header even though you're behind in the race to win it.
It was a barge, but I don't think it cost the attacking team any advantage ergo I don't think a free shot from 12 yards is justified. It's unfairly penalising defenders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.