Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just watched the Portugal v Moroccan game and the skill levels and attitude of the Moroccan players were very good. ( Bernado had a poor game).

Bearing in mind also the examples of Mahrez and Salah, the ability to spot talent from North Africa at an early stage could pay off royally.
Except spotting them at the World Cup doesn't count as early

I thought the big ITK on here said this was already done a few weeks back ?? Sure he quoted the number 26 shirt as well or was this just putting two and two together again and hoping it comes off ??

Do ITK’s really exist ??

Rafael Leao could be plan B????

Can see this happening Mahrez leaving for either Liverpool or Arsenal.

Any indication of City walking away then I expect his agent will be contacting them.

I guess City won't pay anything more than 60m & Liecester want 75m.

Could go 65m & deal or 60m + bonus??

Who knows but we will know b 4 the weekend IMO.

If we walk then we may know of a potential Worldy becoming available.

You would expect us to have some "talent spotters" in North Africa though.

i'm sure we do, many of them end up french though.

besides, that Moroccan team is full of talented journeymen who you only don't know because, as proved again today, they didn't have the brains or desire to fulfil their potential.

None of them has ever set a foot in the PL until now, let alone been the PFA player of the year and Ballon d'or nominee (7th). Or has achieved the double figures goal/assists twice in the last three season. One of them is a proven PL player, the rest are a gamble. Bakayako (Chelsea) this season is an eloquent example.

He is in Hazard's league, ability and results wise whilst playing in a lesser team. So why should he be worth only 60M?

You've ignored my point entirely. Yes, he's been in the league and that adds some amount onto his cost. But we just aren't seeing the fees this summer that we saw last summer. And the few players who have moved this summer but were linked last are going for less than they were rumored for last year (Fabinho, Lemar are good examples). It won't last forever but last season seems to have been more of a market blip than continual growth.

i'm sure we do, many of them end up french though.

besides, that Moroccan team is full of talented journeymen who you only don't know because, as proved again today, they didn't have the brains or desire to fulfil their potential.
Id guess it would be much easier for a french team to get them a work permit than an English team plus they would be french speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.