Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we walk away from this will we be looking at other options or just making one signing this window..

If we walk away from this will we be looking at other options or just making one signing this window..
I think we'll need another forward/wide player regardless. We got lucky that Sterling and Sane's injuries didn't overlap and that Bernardo filled in the way he did. If both get injured at the same time, we'll definitely have to play Jesus and Bernardo out wide with Aguero up top at least once or twice, depending on fixtures. Unless we play a back 3, in the absence of one or both of them, it could be difficult to adjust without a proper backup.

Of all the names we have been linked with Mahrez was the one player I believe could significantly add to our squad. Just get it done ,2 years down the road if we have a cabinet full of trophies whose going to count the cost.

When opposition fans are saying he won’t add much to the squad I just get the feeling Mahrez would be ridiculous in this team. He’s got everything as a footballer, and Pep would have him working hard for the team in no time.

When opposition fans are saying he won’t add much to the squad I just get the feeling Mahrez would be ridiculous in this team. He’s got everything as a footballer, and Pep would have him working hard for the team in no time.

Dead right!

That said, if once we wrap up the Jorginho deal with Napoli and the Mahrez negotiatons drag on a week after that without an agreement we will walk away.

I sincerely hope this is not the outcome but any refusal by Leicester City to accept our highest offer ceiling and we should walk away.

The question of player sales to fund incoming transfer activity is becoming a crucial matter.

Dead right!

That said, if once we wrap up the Jorginho deal with Napoli and the Mahrez negotiatons drag on a week after that without an agreement we will walk away.

I sincerely hope this is not the outcome but any refusal by Leicester City to accept our highest offer ceiling and we should walk away.

The question of player sales to fund incoming transfer activity is becoming a crucial matter.

I very much suspect we have walked away from the table to get Leicester to budge. You can't negotiate non stop for 3 weeks surely??

He has thrown his rattle out of the pram when he was denied a move over a couple of seasons back. Temperament issues possibly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.