Kia Sportage

Its hard to work on most new cars these days as parts are sealed, I dont think KIA are any different to say Nissan or Ford. I think this bloke is exaggerating, maybe KIA pissed him off with a quote (like main dealers do on post warranty repairs)
Find a small local garage, who is trustworthy (recommendations), a good self employed mechanic should give honest opions.

However there are repairs and maintenance you can carry out, again KIA forums is a good starting point.

http://www.kia-forums.com/do-yourself/
He knows plenty of people in the mechanic business, he is a bit of a lad about town himself. He is a builder I think. He cant get anyone to do it for less than £1200. Dont know what the car is worth but to him at least it isnt economically worth his while and he cant sell the car either

He knows plenty of people in the mechanic business, he is a bit of a lad about town himself. He is a builder I think. He cant get anyone to do it for less than £1200. Dont know what the car is worth but to him at least it isnt economically worth his while and he cant sell the car either
Do you know what job needs doing ?

Having gone from one to an estate it's the driving position in a SUV that makes them. I miss mine.

I'd also add my VW has been an endless list of minor niggly issues. I just had to replace the drivers sear belt at a cost over £300! I won't have a VW again.
My Toerag was much the same. Leaking water pump, door lock problems resulting in not being able to open the door concerned. Happened on two different doors, so obviously a design fault and yet they refused to fix the 2nd one as the warranty ran out 1 week earlier, the wankers. Air con blower failed. Lots of shitty niggly things. Nice car to look at and to drive but not reliable and crap service.

Wow sounds like someone is pulling your leg, replacement headlamp bulbs are $68 on ebay (around 38 quid) for 2) and if you go on Kia forums plenty have changed and even upgraded to HID's themselves.
No legs were pulled. The car was only 7 days old when the first one blew, the service managers first comment was "yes they cost a packet but they don't go wrong!" He had more egg on his face the next week when the second one went. Three weeks later it was back in for another one. Not what you expect from a brand new motor but was covered by the warranty so cost me nothing. Still wouldn't have another one.

Been looking for a SUV for my mrs as she now struggles to get in and out of her vw polo. Looking at Honda crv, Merc b class, nissan x trail etc. Gotta be automatic and decent on fuel (merc seems to win this). Any ideas?

Nissan Cx5 one of the best

My Toerag was much the same. Leaking water pump, door lock problems resulting in not being able to open the door concerned. Happened on two different doors, so obviously a design fault and yet they refused to fix the 2nd one as the warranty ran out 1 week earlier, the wankers. Air con blower failed. Lots of shitty niggly things. Nice car to look at and to drive but not reliable and crap service.
A week after warranty ran out you still have rights
Should have gone to consumer affairs about the 2nd door

VW used to good vehicles back in the day, now theyre just shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.