Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be what you're suggesting about us being "gutted" there is no other bidder.

Mahrez is desperate to leave and with only 2 years left on his contract he could become a rapidly depreciating asset beyond this summer, and you only have one interested party currently which I imagine is not the ideal negotiating position for your billionaire owners

This reminds me of the Tevez saga with City where he threw his toys out but was allegedly welcomed back into the fold but was gone at a below market rate before the next season

I am sure Puel wants to see the back of Mahrez and probably the board also but they also want the maximum price for him. I suspect somewhere along the line they will have to take a hit or be left with a very unhappy player whose value will decrease dramatically the day after the transfer window closes.

If this deal goes through it will be a club record fee but I have to say I can't get excited about it.

If we were desperate for anything we'd just accept the bid, perhaps you'll get the hint eventually that our owners are billionaires

By which logic nobody has ever overpaid for anyone and all the stuff about Man City no longer "overpaying" is nonsense because you've never overpaid.

You're not quite getting it still are you?

Laporte's buy out clause was set in stone and not set by us.

If we had paid a penny over, your argument would be valid but it's flying a kite, based simply on your own perception of the player.

Which is ironic, as you are disputing on here why City fans and our club only value Mahrez at what they do.

If there is a buy-out clause or piece of paper in his contract which sets out clearly Mahrez's value, then there is no negotiation process, you just pay it or you don't - you certainly aren't overpaying by meeting with it.

We can dance this dance all day, my only argument is we did not overpay on Laporte - there was no requirement to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.