World Cup 2018 | 21st June Matches | Next Match: Argentina vs Croatia, KO 19:00 (BST)

Does his dickie light up or spin round (Oooh! Matron) whenever Pogba gets the ball?

Last edited:
The whole handbal law is a mess.. just checked and the offenses below can constitute handball and a penalty...

It says it should be deliberate, not having that it was deliberate in that instance. Defender is challenging for a header

Movement of hand to the ball, No!

The distance was close, so again no pen due to ball travelling about a foot after the original header

The position of the hand does not necessarily mean its an offence... hmmmm...

So that last point is a massive grey area. Many people on here and tv are talking about his arm being in an unnatural position. Well in 30 odd years of playing football, I've not once jumped for a header with my arms down by my side. In fact the unnatural position for peoples arms when jumping for a header, is for them to be down by your side. Having them out to give you leverage is completely natural.

What the unnatural position thinking was brought in for, was because terry was sticking his arms out when trying to block crosses, and was taking the piss. I'm not sure that incident today constitutes the same thing.

I'm not sure this is a VAR issue as such, but wish someone from FIFA would come out and state if this is going to be a pen, and then everyone would know where they stand with it... you can bet your bottom dollar there will be a similar incident not given in the near future...

Last edited:
Bad thing about VAR is the players throwing themselves to the ground and then doing the VAR symbol. Should get a yellow for that.

Bad thing about VAR is the players throwing themselves to the ground and then doing the VAR symbol. Should get a yellow for that.
Agreed. Silly from Mbappe, especially when the replay showed he was the one fouling.

France should have had 2 stonewall penalties given the way referees/VAR officials have been handing out penalties like confetti. None of them were actually fouls though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.