Phil Foden to Leeds on Loan?

Leeds are a second level club who had a few good years under ex Blue Revie, they can stay where they are for me and Phil is going no where

I don’t see the point in Foden going on loan when he can get more game time with us next season. Leeds have also been linked with Claudio Bravo, although I am not sure that deal would happen either. It would allow Gunn to come back from Norwich as our 2nd choice keeper.

It’s interesting that Dirty Leeds mentions that Leeds are brining in new forwards. Their current attackers (Saiz and Lasogga) don’t seem suited to Bielsa’s pressing game but that might be due to their fitness levels being affected by injuries, last season.

Diaz might be loaned out if we sign Mahrez or Pat Roberts returns to our squad. I think Diaz would pe a great signing for Leeds or another Championship side.

Hope it's not true tbh nothing against Leeds but in the bielsa formation if he plays it foden will be in competition with saiz who is one of Leeds best players (can't see them playing a loanee over one of their top guys) or played out wide (not his natural position) or as the lone cm (would need to be a workhorse and destroyer) none of those situations help us or foden develop to be our new Silva.

Leeds are a second level club who had a few good years under ex Blue Revie, they can stay where they are for me and Phil is going no where
Apart from when they won the league in 1992 or when they were reaching latter stages of the champions league under O’Leary??
Big club. Big, big club and have been on a similar journey to us, minus the happy ending with our owners compared to theirs.
I agree about Foden though. I want this kid to be a star with us, no loans away.

Hope it's not true tbh nothing against Leeds but in the bielsa formation if he plays it foden will be in competition with saiz who is one of Leeds best players (can't see them playing a loanee over one of their top guys) or played out wide (not his natural position) or as the lone cm (would need to be a workhorse and destroyer) none of those situations help us or foden develop to be our new Silva.

Leeds have already got Phillips and Ronaldo-Viera who get stuck in in central midfield and Saiz I’d the fan’s favourite player like you say. Leeds could strengthen in wide attacking positions so Diaz might be a possibility. I don’t see Foden leaving on loan

He’s certainly more of a 10 than he is a holding midfielder. But from what I’ve seen he’ll probably end up playing a similar role to what David Silva and DeBruyne play for us. Slightly deeper than a 10.

He’s got terrific feet, can drop a shoulder and go past a man with ease. Fantastic eye for a pass and has an absolute cannon of a shot. He’s very lightweight though and I think he might struggle with the physicality of the Championship.

I’m really looking forward to watching Leeds next season, I think it will be fascinating to see if Bielsa can make it work in England.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he won the league and played the best football the Championship has ever seen, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it all went tits up and you got relegated! I hope it’s the former because I think it would be good for English football to encourage coaches to be more adventurous and experimental. And Leeds are a PL club who have been away too long. My enemies enemy is my friend ;-)

I agree with this. I'd like to see Leeds back in the PL and I don't have the problem some do with them even though it was the first place I got thumped at a game in the 80s. But not as hard as at Barnsley you soft Leeds' twats. :) By the way I wasn't a yob, far from it. Just in the wrong place with the wrong colours. Sooner them than Wigan and the likes.

Whether he goes i'll trust the manager to develop him. It's clear that he rates Foden highly so I'm sure he'll do what's right for him and if that's a loan to a team challenging in the Championship then I'm good with it. But I do want to see more of him next season wherever he ends up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.