Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was the other way round & City were the selling club like we were 'back in the day' & we had a player who desperately wanted to leave, we would be urging the club to get it done asap & get some players in, with the money, rather than holding out for money nobody would pay.

We would not want to start the season with a deeply unhappy 'star' player in the squad, we would want him out & a new one (or several) in.

I would expect that to be Leicester's real position on this: that they'll be glad when it's done.

If not, they are a bit fucking stupid imo.

Haha why on earth not? Former PFA POTY, the most prestigious award in the country which none of our current players have ever won, more goals and assists combined than any other Premier League player over the last three seasons despite playing for a team that averages around eight place. He's better than any of our current forwards bar Aguero IMO.

Many won’t like to hear that but it’s absolutely true. Mahrez is top class.

Really come round to the idea of mahrez now and hope it can happen ASAP! Is it true he still hasn’t gone on holiday so he can hopefully sign and then go?

If it was the other way round & City were the selling club like we were 'back in the day' & we had a player who desperately wanted to leave, we would be urging the club to get it done asap & get some players in, with the money, rather than holding out for money nobody would pay.

We would not want to start the season with a deeply unhappy 'star' player in the squad, we would want him out & a new one (or several) in.

I would expect that to be Leicester's real position on this: that they'll be glad when it's done.

If not, they are a bit fucking stupid imo.
Leicester's owners are rich & don't need the money & the club are strong financially. Mahrez has enough time left on his contract which puts Leicester in the driving seat.

It's a sellers market & Leicester aren't anything like the City of 15-20 years ago. We had a similar situation with SWP, whereby he wanted to go to Chelsea, so we put a high figure out there & Chelsea paid it with little haggling.

Selling SWP helped keep the club afloat, so it was a reluctant win, win situation for City. Leicester are in a totally different situation to us. They've put their price out there, but unlike Chelsea with SWP, City are haggling. That's why Magrez is still a Leicester City player.

If I was a Leicester City fan, I'd be applauding my board for acting in the very best interests of my club.

I'm glad you've FINALLY caught up!! Lol :-) Spread the Mahrez gospel to the last few remaining doubters will ya...
I am more excited if this happens than any other signing in a long while, I really think he could have the sort of season which Salah has just had. Fingers crossed it happens!

Leicester's owners are rich & don't need the money & the club are strong financially. Mahrez has enough time left on his contract which puts Leicester in the driving seat.

It's a sellers market & Leicester aren't anything like the City of 15-20 years ago. We had a similar situation with SWP, whereby he wanted to go to Chelsea, so we put a high figure out there & Chelsea paid it with little haggling.

Selling SWP helped keep the club afloat, so it was a reluctant win, win situation for City. Leicester are in a totally different situation to us. They've put their price out there, but unlike Chelsea with SWP, City are haggling. That's why Magrez is still a Leicester City player.

If I was a Leicester City fan, I'd be applauding my board for acting in the very best interests of my club.

The fact that the Leicester owners are rich is irrelevant as most football club owners in the premier league are rich. They still have to stay within the FFP rules with regards player salaries and football/club generated income v expenditure. If not we could go any buy anyone regardless of the cost in theory. I don't suspect their revenue has grown that much to be able to add players and be prepared to leave one of their big earners on the side, if he isn't motivated to play for them any longer.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't move on this summer and the longer it goes the less likely it is for Leicester to get a huge fee for him, especially as clubs know his value will drop significantly if he is still there when the season starts

It is only a sellers market if the demand and desperation to get the player is there. At present I would say the demand is but not the desperation. Add to that the situation of the players dissatisfaction in January and his apparent desire to join us, the bargaining power is pretty even

Who has the most to lose, City who have a fantastic squad and he would add and help but not vital or Leicester who need to strengthen and have their most valuable saleable asset whose value is decreasing as the clock ticks

The fact that the Leicester owners are rich is irrelevant as most football club owners in the premier league are rich. They still have to stay within the FFP rules with regards player salaries and football/club generated income v expenditure. If not we could go any buy anyone regardless of the cost in theory. I don't suspect their revenue has grown that much to be able to add players and be prepared to leave one of their big earners on the side, if he isn't motivated to play for them any longer.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't move on this summer and the longer it goes the less likely it is for Leicester to get a huge fee for him, especially as clubs know his value will drop significantly if he is still there when the season starts

It is only a sellers market if the demand and desperation to get the player is there. At present I would say the demand is but not the desperation. Add to that the situation of the players dissatisfaction in January and his apparent desire to join us, the bargaining power is pretty even

Who has the most to lose, City who have a fantastic squad and he would add and help but not vital or Leicester who need to strengthen and have their most valuable saleable asset whose value is decreasing as the clock ticks
If he is still there when the season starts it means we aren’t signing him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.