Dr. Max Sala race across America - STOPPED

quiet_riot

Team supported
City
Not sure of the ins and outs, but the club obviously filming all this, seen quite a bit from the start.

Suffered an injury or something, details unclear, and has had to stop.

Sounds brutal. Think the conditions might have got the best of him. He was falling asleep whilst riding for one. He was veering off the track loads (exhaustion?) and the worst bit, was his neck was hurting that much they but a 1.5 metre plank on his back going up above his head and tied his head to the plank whilst riding.

He was kitted out in some fine gear, but in typical City style everything seemed to go wrong for the bloke. Raised loads still. Well done to him

Sounds brutal. Think the conditions might have got the best of him. He was falling asleep whilst riding for one. He was veering off the track loads (exhaustion?) and the worst bit, was his neck was hurting that much they but a 1.5 metre plank on his back going up above his head and tied his head to the plank whilst riding.

He was kitted out in some fine gear, but in typical City style everything seemed to go wrong for the bloke. Raised loads still. Well done to him

Good effort. I did a long ride (not this long) and was veering left all the time without realising. It was due to dehydration. You don't realise sometimes how much fluid you need on a bike as you keep pretty cool though I imagine all the support he had would have taken this into account.

Absolutely brutal. Hard to watch that last video update. The part about 50 seconds in when Max veers in front of the oncoming SUV and you can hear the crew screaming, slapping the side of the support vehicle and beeping the horn trying to wake him up is scary as shit. I would have called it there and then.

What a valiant effort though. You can tell how heartbroken he is that the crew have thrown in the towel but it's definitely the correct decision. If anyone hasn't contributed to the cause already just watch the updates and what he has gone through and I'm sure you'll agree it's well worth a donation.

Great work Max. Another facet of the club and it's staff we can all be proud of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.