General transfer rumours

The rule says that you need 8 HG players in your squad and I'm pretty sure Foden is part of that quota. Knowing how City operates, if we're sending Phil to Leeds United that means we're freeing his spot for someone Pep likes to call "better".

Who that player is? No clue mate, I'm just trying to understand why we're sending Phil over to Bielsa when he's arguably our best academy player.
We aren’t sending Foden to Leeds

The rule says that you need 8 HG players in your squad and I'm pretty sure Foden is part of that quota. Knowing how City operates, if we're sending Phil to Leeds United that means we're freeing his spot for someone Pep likes to call "better".

Who that player is? No clue mate, I'm just trying to understand why we're sending Phil over to Bielsa when he's arguably our best academy player.

OK well for a start, no the rules do not say you need 8 HG players in your squad. They say you can have a maximum of 17 foreign players in your 25 man squad. You can have zero HG players if you want. We certainly don't have 8, and don't need to.

Secondly, Foden doesn't count in any quota, as an u21 who has been here more than 2 years, he's on the "B List" which means he doesn't count as 1 of the 25 man squad. Neither does Brahim, Tosin, Latibeudiere, Nmecha or any youth player we played last season.

So moving Foden on creates no squad space at all.

Even if we did have 8 HG players, 4 of them couldn't play in the CL unless they were club trained, or only 13 foreign.

Not technically correct. The rules are based on a max of players within various categories. There is no minimum for anything so you could have no english / HG players if you wanted. However the max for Foreign players is 17 so you have to use HG to go beyond that number in the squad.

Not technically correct. The rules are based on a max of players within various categories. There is no minimum for anything so you could have no english / HG players if you wanted. However the max for Foreign players is 17 so you have to use HG to go beyond that number in the squad.
Do Merlin, Vinney & Sergio all count as homegrown these days?

Do Merlin, Vinney & Sergio all count as homegrown these days?

No too old when they joined.

Rules are different from one comp to the next and it tends to be difficult to determine who does and doesn't count as HG as you have the issue of not knowing when exactly young players signed. Iheanacho was a good example where nothing clear was ever stated about when he actually signed for the club. Understandable given all the issues around youth transfers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.