World Cup 2018 | 22nd June Matches | Next Match: Serbia vs Switzerland, KO 19:00 (BST)

Honestly I love how riled up Neymar makes everyone. Amuses me no end.

Gets on my goat every time I watch him. When he just puts his head down and plays he’s simply sublime and he can pass and setup moves beautifully to go along with the killer individual skills. But after leaving Barca I feel he’s become more and more greedy and loses sight of the team too easily. I don’t think the leadership at PSG are strong enough for him.

And I know the play acting and what not is becoming part of the game more each year but he really is in the top handful in this regard and I think that’s my main gripe with him. I’d love to see how he’d fare in the EPL. Take your pick of the agricultural challenges City players have worn this season gone and he’d still be flopping about now.

Gets on my goat every time I watch him. When he just puts his head down and plays he’s simply sublime and he can pass and setup moves beautifully to go along with the killer individual skills. But after leaving Barca I feel he’s become more and more greedy and loses sight of the team too easily. I don’t think the leadership at PSG are strong enough for him.

And I know the play acting and what not is becoming part of the game more each year but he really is in the top handful in this regard and I think that’s my main gripe with him. I’d love to see how he’d fare in the EPL. Take your pick of the agricultural challenges City players have worn this season gone and he’d still be flopping about now.
Oh he definitely needs to grow up a bit. PSG does him no favors there.

Just heard Mick McCarthy on Talk Sport: ‘It was a great header down from Firmino which was actually miscontrolled by the player ... er ... don’t know who it was (voice in background ‘Gabriel Jesus’) ... ‘but Coutinho gambled and put the ball in’. They’re all at it, ffs.

Not nearly enough was mentioned about how for the "penalty", Neymar was played clear through one on one with the keeper (brilliantly by Jesus) and then slowed down and cut back onto his right foot, allowing the defenders to catch up with him for the dive. It was absolutely awful play and pretty much summed up his tournament. He seems far more interested in slowing down and letting defenders get back so he can try and dribble past them, than actually helping his team score. Properly weird

Just check out the player ratings on the BBC web-site, Fermino and Coutinho are given top billing.

Looks like the candlepool cretins have been voting in vast numbers after calling in sick at work or wagging off school, they are the PITS.

Not nearly enough was mentioned about how for the "penalty", Neymar was played clear through one on one with the keeper (brilliantly by Jesus) and then slowed down and cut back onto his right foot, allowing the defenders to catch up with him for the dive. It was absolutely awful play and pretty much summed up his tournament. He seems far more interested in slowing down and letting defenders get back so he can try and dribble past them, than actually helping his team score. Properly weird
Yep. Anyone who wants to be considered a great player should be able to bury that or at least force the keeper into a great save with their weaker foot on the run. Ronaldo Nazares (Fat Ronaldo) excelled at letting the defender push him into his weak foot before running them and scoring, it was his trademark to such an extent that I've met people that thought he was a left footer.

Exactly. I am glad someone else could see it. Not a mention from huddle of the awareness from Jesus. Nor the poor decusion making from Neymar, an even worse first touch. And a terrible dive from which he should have been carded. Hoddle for one is very selective in what he can see or say.

Brilliant! Let’s do it!

How does Hoddle actually keep hold of this gig? Not only is he boring as bat sh*t, he's tactically inept, biased towards a certain clubs' players, has a history of non-pc comments which seem to have been air-brushed out and still can't help himself with the odd 'out of touch' comment. The other night the camera panned to the crowd showing a female supporter waiting anxiously for her team to score (can't remember the match) and he just piped up with "not yet love" - he's so out of date its not funny. ITV please get rid!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.