Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is worth whatever a buying club is prepared to pay. I would value him at around 65m based on age, level he is at and contract length. Great post KP!

I get what you’re saying. Shortish contract might be eating away at his value slightly. The problem for me is that if we were talking about a player scoring 40 odd goals and getting 30 ish assists from midfield in the last 3 seasons for a team from the top 6 we’d be talking about more money wouldn’t we. It wouldn’t be as big an achievement either. For 2 of the 3 seasons we’ve been pretty crap and he’s still scored double figures.

I am more excited if this happens than any other signing in a long while, I really think he could have the sort of season which Salah has just had. Fingers crossed it happens!
He's an excellent player, & being surrounded by better players, I believe he'll thrive even more.

HOWEVER, I believe that Sterling & Sane will have to step up a notch with his arrival.

The fact that the Leicester owners are rich is irrelevant as most football club owners in the premier league are rich. They still have to stay within the FFP rules with regards player salaries and football/club generated income v expenditure. If not we could go any buy anyone regardless of the cost in theory. I don't suspect their revenue has grown that much to be able to add players and be prepared to leave one of their big earners on the side, if he isn't motivated to play for them any longer.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't move on this summer and the longer it goes the less likely it is for Leicester to get a huge fee for him, especially as clubs know his value will drop significantly if he is still there when the season starts

It is only a sellers market if the demand and desperation to get the player is there. At present I would say the demand is but not the desperation. Add to that the situation of the players dissatisfaction in January and his apparent desire to join us, the bargaining power is pretty even

Who has the most to lose, City who have a fantastic squad and he would add and help but not vital or Leicester who need to strengthen and have their most valuable saleable asset whose value is decreasing as the clock ticks
Where have you seen these figures that his value is decreasing? Have you seen any stats to suggest a former PoTY, entering the prime of his career will be worth less after this summer? Can I assume that your statements are just your opinion & have no basis in actual fact? Mahrez is worth what someone is willing to pay, & as it stands we're not willing to match Leicester's valuation which is why the player remains with Leicester.

The wealth of their owners is important in respect to the club not needing to sell in order to be financially viable. On both levels of the club being solvent & the owners being minted, the only reason Leicester have to sell Mahrez is because he wants to leave. In this respect, it's game, set & match to them, because they bought him for £400k, so even if the only got £401k from us for him, he was a major reason for their sole PL title & they'd still make a profit.

Where have you seen these figures that his value is decreasing? Have you seen any stats to suggest a former PoTY, entering the prime of his career will be worth less after this summer? Can I assume that your statements are just your opinion & have no basis in actual fact?
2 years on his contract this window, 18 months the window after, 1 year after that. Makes perfect sense that his value decreases, especially taking into account the Webster and Bosman rulings.

Where have you seen these figures that his value is decreasing? Have you seen any stats to suggest a former PoTY, entering the prime of his career will be worth less after this summer? Can I assume that your statements are just your opinion & have no basis in actual fact? Mahrez is worth what someone is willing to pay, & as it stands we're not willing to match Leicester's valuation which is why the player remains with Leicester.

The wealth of their owners is important in respect to the club not needing to sell in order to be financially viable. On both levels of the club being solvent & the owners being minted, the only reason Leicester have to sell Mahrez is because he wants to leave. In this respect, it's game, set & match to them, because they bought him for £400k, so even if the only got £401k from us for him, he was a major reason for their sole PL title & they'd still make a profit.
His value will decrease rapidly because he will have less than 2 years on his contract.
Owners being wealthy means nothing these days thanks to FFP. Do keep up.

I think the reference is to the fact that a player is worth nothing when his contract is up and he can walk for free. Due to this a players value will decrease as each transfer window passes toward that point. The value in holding a player is linked to the length remaining on his contract. I think his is up in 2020 meaning you only have him for 2 more seasons, you have 4 more windows to sell him for a fee or he walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.