Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember him having a few decent run out early doors, but gone very quiet, and ob out of favour with PEG

He’s gone backwards there and for one reason or another has turned into a right miserable and surly sod. He can’t wait to get away.

You were answering other people but i challenged your nonsense and you just ignored it and i'm not a happy clapper
Didn't ignore anything Karen. I went to the Pub ! I have answered everything people have asked. It was me that said I thought the deal was stalling over a disagreement on money three weeks ago. All reports since then have confirmed this, including Tolmie the man in the know. You and several others including Oakie were absolutely adamant it wasn't and Mahrez was going to sign after Algeria's friendly . Check out your posts if you are struggling to remember.

Just to reiterate I do think Mahrez is a very good player. I just happen to think we have better options already therefore I don't think he is worth what Leicester want for him which was and probably still upwards of 75m and possibly 90m. Anyway time to move on. Have a good weekend and enjoy the football. Cheers

Didn't ignore anything Karen. I went to the Pub ! I have answered everything people have asked. It was me that said I thought the deal was stalling over a disagreement on money three weeks ago. All reports since then have confirmed this, including Tolmie the man in the know. You and several others including Oakie were absolutely adamant it wasn't and Mahrez was going to sign after Algeria's friendly . Check out your posts if you are struggling to remember.

Just to reiterate I do think Mahrez is a very good player. I just happen to think we have better options already therefore I don't think he is worth what Leicester want for him which was and probably still upwards of 75m and possibly 90m. Anyway time to move on. Have a good weekend and enjoy the football. Cheers
You stick to yer knitting. ;)

Have we even been linked to Martial?

Even though he’s flopped, I don’t see United even entertaining the notion of selling him to us. We’d have to make them a stupidly generous offer, which we would never do. Thus, it’s not going to happen.

He’ll probably end up at Spurs or return to France.

Hopefully we can tie up a deal for the vastly superior Mahrez soon.

Sane played on the right at Schalke and I believe he has stated before that he prefers to play on that side. He plays on the left now because it suits Pep tactically.

I did not know that he looks so good on the left.

Probably makes the Sanchez make more sense if Sterling, Mahrez and Sane prefer the right and Bernardo being able to play there to.

Our options look a bit unbalanced as I think Sterling/ Mahrez lose something out of there game on the left.

For us to buy of them it would need to be quite a bit above market value, so I think we’re best to pass on Martial.

I did not know that he looks so good on the left.

Probably makes the Sanchez make more sense if Sterling, Mahrez and Sane prefer the right and Bernardo being able to play there to.

Our options look a bit unbalanced as I think Sterling/ Mahrez lose something out of there game on the left.

For us to buy of them it would need to be quite a bit above market value, so I think we’re best to pass on Martial.
Mahrez is better than Martial he will also be about the same price both will go for around £70 mill.give or take 5 mill. Snae will play mainly on the left, Sterling on the right Mahrez can do either.

This hasn't been talked about much, but Mahrez's vision and his understanding of timing is pretty poor.

He often covers this with skillful play. But the number of times he fails to see a play developing is pretty disappointing.

Hopefully Pep can improve this part of his game. And perhaps better talent around him would help.

But watch any of his dribbling videos and time and time again he is busy dribbling 'head down' and misses key opportunities.

You can't have watched him playing regularly and possibly say that. This is simply not true.

Out of the criticism he can get, this is the first time I've heard it and I saw almost every game of his, from the first to the last minute. I can't count the number of times where he pulled a through pass out of nothing or found our players whilst being swarmed. His awareness is remarkable and he rarely misses a good run.

Sure he can have a go at the defenders, which flair player doesn't, but he searches first for the team mate in the best position. If there is no movement around him, which often happens with us then he'll try take on the defense and get the ball as near as possible from the box.

I understand that a lot of people didn't him watch as we do, but this kind of criticism is absolutely uncalled for.

Last edited:
This transfer seems like it’s gonna be a drag! Really looking forward to seeing mahrez play for us next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.