Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its similar to what Tom Ince said when he said our plan was ‘to make it nasty for Manchester United’. Do you think by him saying that is a message or call for other players to ‘make it nasty for them’. Do you think every bad tackle on them is a consequence of those words? No of course not its football speak and typically this forum is making a big deal out of nothing.
I think you’re right in this particular case. I think you enjoy swimming against the tide in this thread :)

I think you’re right in this particular case. I think you enjoy swimming against the tide in this thread :)

Pat yourself on the back because that makes you right as well :-)

Troy Deeney about Arsenal ‘I will go up and think I will give one a whack and see who wants it, Arsenal have no cajones’ etc etc

Its not very agreeable but very much football speak which has gone on for years. Some how its now unique to City and part of a campaign against us to advcate violence. Needless to say when its said by others against United/Arsenal its quickly forgotten.

I think it means what it states. Not a mention of assault anywhere, or your ‘booting the fuck’ out of people. Again made up emotive nonsense.

I am the oddball but it seems people actually think Danny Murphy wants our players booted the fuck out and has encouraged and influenced others Premiership to do it even if it means possible red cards etc. Is Danny Murphy some sort of divine god or cult leader to Premiership players? Beyond laughable.

It is generally unbelievable if people on this forum cannot digest and understand the point Danny Murphy is trying to make or that you think Prem players have read his MOTD analysis and think he is advocating trying to injure City players.

Like asked already how do you get a yellow card in Danny Murphy's scenario ?

He is calling for the opposition of your team to get a yellow card by breaking the rules.

Like previously stated you just do not want to see or just prefer to play the devils advocate for your shits and giggles, the same as your alter ego friend.

Also the next 7 or so games after his comments City players faced at least 10 leg breaking tackles that resulted in the sum total of ZERO red cards, or did you not see those either ?

Is this also laughable you odd odd man.

Pat yourself on the back because that makes you right as well :-)

Troy Deeney about Arsenal ‘I will go up and think I will give one a whack and see who wants it, Arsenal have no cajones’ etc etc

Its not very agreeable but very much football speak which has gone on for years. Some how its now unique to City and part of a campaign against us to advcate violence. Needless to say when its said by others against United/Arsenal its quickly forgotten.
Sunday league in nets i rugby tackled a guy who went round me. I got booked(!), saved the penalty that he took and he started crying. Fuck him sorry.

Like asked already how do you get a yellow card in Danny Murphy's scenario ?

He is calling for the opposition of your team to get a yellow card by breaking the rules.

Like previously stated you just do not want to see or just prefer to play the devils advocate for your shits and giggles, the same as your alter ego friend.

Also the next 7 or so games after his comments City players faced at least 10 leg breaking tackles that resulted in the sum total of ZERO red cards, or did you not see those either ?

Is this also laughable you odd odd man.

Yes it is if you think Danny Murphys comments influenced it.

Thanks for posting and not surprisingly you have received plaudits for a well constructed post which I congratulate you on, however I would just like to make a few salient points.

Unfortunately the ‘tale’ you have told, using the Sadio Mane challenge and subsequent media response as a cause and effect for later events in the season is based on a number of inaccuracies which break the linkage of these events you have weaved together.

Firstly you pinpoint the role of the sky commentators in perpetuating the myth it was a foul but cutely leave out the fact that Jamie Carragher was adamant at half time that is was a sending off offence as the challenge endangered a player. So hardly the biased Sky narrative you are claiming.

In addition to this your argument the printed media ‘seized upon it or at the least validated’ this injustice which led to a ‘shit storm’ which intimidated refs is without any merit.

The BBC (Phil Mcnulty), Telegraph (Sam Wallace), Independent (Mike Critchley) wrote pieces explaining exactly why it was a sending off with the Independent and BBC actually referring to the law of the game it contravened. The Guardian (Sachrin Nacrani) under a headline about Klopp stating it should not have been sending off added within in the article ‘it fell under the guidelines of a dismissal for serious foul play’. Furthermore the Daily Mail wrote an opinion piece which logged Gary Nevilles belief it was not a sending off alongside the comments of Graham Poll who stated it was a sending off.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...nchester-city-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-red-card

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41133350

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-news-manchester-city-report-goals-highlights-sadio-mane-red-card-a7938631.html?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...iverpool-premier-league-watch-live-score/amp/

So at best, in your favour, there was a range of opinions but not the ‘seizing upon or, at least, a validation of an injustice or the subsequent shit storm you claimed which influences refs over the course of a season.

Interestingly our own manager stated he was not sure it was a sending off which supports the likelihood there could be a range of opinions unless you think he may be displaying bias also?

Furthermore we have never heard a MOTD pundit urge ‘assaults’ against any of our players. Again its a blatant distortion of what was actually stated and highlights the emotive nature of your post and in addition highlights the lack of accuracy of the actual events.

The rest you state has been touched upon previously and so there is little point rehashing old stuff.

Thanks for your response. I trust you will forgive me if I havethe audacity to seek to disagree upon the salience of your points, though?

I can only applaud your citing of Jamie Carragher as a denial of the remarks I clearly condemned - which were those those of Neville and Tyler. Most people who would have read my remarks might have concluded from such wording as "it stemmed from the two clowns in the commentary box" as being clearly indicitave of my attribution of the blame to them rather than "a Sky narrative" which you alone have constructed in your imagination.

I take your point about not every outlet seizing upon the narrative of the, shall we for simplicity's sake call it, "great injustice". I do this, not least, because it's exactly the point that I made in my original post. However, I thank you for citing the relevant passages that endorse what I said in your rather pedantic post. Admittedly, I am somewhat at a loss as to how you feel they are in any way a negation of my argument but hey, if it makes you happy to think so, have at it.
I might also point out that Mane's goal in the return fixture was described by the same Sky commentator as "revenge" and that Sky saw fit to remove this remark in subsequent repeats of the goal. This, to my (what was your patronising remark again? Oh, yeah...) "emotive nature" further exemplifies my claim that this particular cause celebre was an individual rather than a organisational development. However, you may feel free to accuse me if claiming otherwise. I frankly have no time to be quibbling with such a self-servingmentality.

Guardiola's remarks on the sending off are open to interpretation. You argue they were a vindication. That's not unreasonable, to be fair. I would suggest they were as much born out of diplomacy. A diplomacy deamanded by his employers and, the lacking of which, has been evident in the sacking of both Mancini and your man, El Fathead, back at the time of the take over. What's indisputable is that Pep later despaired at the treatment of our players - and chose his words extremely carefully in doing so.

Your assertion that Danny Murphy didn't call for violence against our team on MOTD, has been quite thoroughly dealt with already. So, I'll spare you the embarrassment of repeating it.

PS
For the record, I posted my entry in a mannerly and respectful tone. Always, feel free to disagree with me any time (that's never a problem) but it was disappointing that, rather than respond in constructive argument and address the actual points I made, you chose to distort and, worse again, attempt to patronise me in your response. Frankly, nothing you have posted thus far suggests that you possess the intellect to carry off that particular trick.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response. I trust you will forgive me if I havethe audacity to seek to disagree upon the salience of your points, though?

I can only applaud your citing of Jamie Carragher as a denial of the remarks I clearly condemned - which were those those of Neville and Tyler. Most people who would have read my remarks might have concluded from such wording as "it stemmed from the two clowns in the commentary box" as being clearly indicitave of my attribution of the blame to them rather than "a Sky narrative" which you alone have constructed in your imagination.

I take your point about not every outlet seizing upon the narrative of the, shall we for simplicity's sake call it, "great injustice". I do this, not least, because it's exactly the point that I made in my original post. However, I thank you for citing the relevant passages that endorse what I said in your rather pedantic post. Admittedly, I am somewhat at a loss as to how you feel they are in any way a negation of my argument but hey, if it makes you happy to think so, have at it.
I might also point out that Mane's goal in the return fixture was described by the same Sky commentator as "revenge" and that Sky saw fit to remove this remark in subsequent repeats of the goal. This, to my (what was your patronising remark again? Oh, yeah...) "emotive nature" further exemplifies my claim that this particular cause celebre was an individual rather than a organisational development. However, you may feel free to accuse me if claiming otherwise. I frankly have no time to be quibbling with such a self-servingmentality.

Guardiola's remarks on the sending off are open to interpretation. You argue they were a vindication. That's not unreasonable, to be fair. I would suggest they were as much born out of diplomacy. A diplomacy deamanded by his employers and, the lacking of which, has been evident in the sacking of both Maldini and your man, El Fathead, back at the time of the take over. What's indisputable is that Pep later despaired at the treatment of our players - and chose his words extremely carefully in doing so.

Your assertion that Danny Murphy didn't call for violence against our team on MOTD, has been quite thoroughly dealt with already. So, I'll spare you the embarrassment of repeating it.

PS
For the record, I posted my entry in a mannerly and respectful tone. Always, feel free to disagree with me any time (that's never a problem) but it was disappointing that, rather than respond in constructive argument and address the actual points I made, you chose to distort and, worse again, attempt to patronise me in your response. Frankly, nothing you have posted thus far suggests that youyou poss the intellect to carry that particular trick off.

ouch

Not that he will be bothered, he will be applying lube and consider it a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.