April 15, 2018 - Where were you?

I was on holiday in the States, on Interstate 72 in Alabama (proper Deliverance territory) going from Atlanta to Memphis and got a text from a rag congratulating me. I’d completely forgotten that they were playing. For selfish reasons, glad I didn’t miss us winning it directly via our own efforts on the field.
@gordondaviesmoustache - were you on a road trip?

Just came back from a family meal out (8 of us) and looked up the result on the BBC - the game was 3 mins into time added on. I refreshed the page and full time clicked up. I went downstairs (lounge office and bathroom are on the 1st floor) I poured myself a schooner of very dry ice cold sherry and sat down watching Sky in the living room as I began to soak up the swamp tragedy. The Radio 5 phone in was next up and was the funniest thing I'd heard in a long time.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to bother watching at all but noticed on the BBC page that it was still 0-0 with about 20 mins left, so switched on just as West Brom scored, perfect timing!

was watching the game. I remember thinking Utd might lose after the massive high against us.
I'm still annoyed at that cluster fuck. Between the ref fucking us over, and us switching off in the second half, we blew a glorious chance to rub their noses in the shit, as well as setting another record (the earliest title win in terms of games left).

In the kitchen doing the Sunday roast. Saw the last 5 minutes at Old Trafford on tv. Had to go out and blast the car horn a few times to celebrate being champions!

Had just returned from brunch.
You should be banned for a week just for using that word....

I was at work, driving a group of kids from Tampa to St Petersburg (no, not the one in Russia) to a museum.
I was halfway over the Franklin Bridge linking Tampa to St Pete and my mate back home called me to say they had lost (I knew they were losing when I set off as I'd been watching the game on TV). I tooted the horn 9 times (much to the annoyance of drivers around me and the bemusement of staff and kids in the back of the minibus) and then shouted CITY!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.