Ronaldo (Signed for Juventus)

3 goals in 25 appearances was hardly setting the world alight.
Unlike Foden's 5 (yes, that's right FIVE) games, which saw him contribute a stunning: 4 crosses, 1 assist and, er zero goals. But he did manage one tackle so clearly, Foden's the next Ronaldo.

Unlike Foden's 5 (yes, that's right FIVE) games, which saw him contribute a stunning: 4 crosses, 1 assist and, er zero goals. But he did manage one tackle so clearly, Foden's the next Ronaldo.
You don't think Foden could have managed to do what Fake Ronaldo did in the Portuguese league given 25 games?

You don't think Foden could have managed to do what Fake Ronaldo did in the Portuguese league given 25 games?
I don't think Foden's destined for anything other than mediocrity. I think Ronaldo's one of the best players I've ever seen. There was a reason Ferguson courted Ronaldo from a 17yr old at Sporting - he saw a player who had what it takes to play at the very pinnacle. If Foden goes on to do what Ronaldo's done, fucking great, I'd be delighted. For me though, he's just the next in a line of reasonably talented youngsters, a la Lee Croft. Time will tell. Incidentally, the "fake" Ronaldo jibes, it's as if we have an inferiority complex about anything that's been touched by "them". Smalltime

I don't think Foden's destined for anything other than mediocrity. I think Ronaldo's one of the best players I've ever seen.

You're judging one on 5 games at 17, who's achieved more at that age and judging the other over a 16 year career. That's actually funny.

There was a reason Ferguson courted Ronaldo from a 17yr old at Sporting - he saw a player who had what it takes to play at the very pinnacle.
Yep. He handed the rag defenders their addresses in a friendly the next summer and they asked the GPC to sign him. When he was 18.

I don't think Foden's destined for anything other than mediocrity. I think Ronaldo's one of the best players I've ever seen. There was a reason Ferguson courted Ronaldo from a 17yr old at Sporting - he saw a player who had what it takes to play at the very pinnacle. If Foden goes on to do what Ronaldo's done, fucking great, I'd be delighted. For me though, he's just the next in a line of reasonably talented youngsters, a la Lee Croft. Time will tell. Incidentally, the "fake" Ronaldo jibes, it's as if we have an inferiority complex about anything that's been touched by "them". Smalltime

You...

I just..

What the fuck did I just read?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.