Positive changes to ticket exchange

My point was not a selfish one. I choose to be a season ticket holder knowing I can't get to every game. The only way I can ensure our seats are filled when we can't go is ticket exchange. I don't have friends and family near me I can give my season tickets to and even if I did the 450 round trip is a consideration for them. I just want my seat to be used by a fan wether I miss 6, 7 or 8 games. Even if they left the limit at 6 but you could still put your ticket on ticket exchange after that without getting any credit if it sold would be better.
That's a good point. I'd email City's Ticket Office about that. It's in their interest to have the ground full, and in an era of TV football, there must be quite a lot of long distance blues who can't make midweek Kick Offs.

Probably unlikely they will change it for this season, but the point you make is very reasonable. Can't see why City would object to increasing it to say 10.

I used Ticket Exchange and managed to sell my seat so it certainly works but it might depend on where the seat is as to how easy it is to sell?

My point was not a selfish one. I choose to be a season ticket holder knowing I can't get to every game. The only way I can ensure our seats are filled when we can't go is ticket exchange. I don't have friends and family near me I can give my season tickets to and even if I did the 450 round trip is a consideration for them. I just want my seat to be used by a fan wether I miss 6, 7 or 8 games. Even if they left the limit at 6 but you could still put your ticket on ticket exchange after that without getting any credit if it sold would be better.
Maybe try and sell your ticket(after 6 times) on this forums ticket exchange thread mate for face value. Probably more chance of it going to a proper blue than a glory hunting tourist.

Maybe try and sell your ticket(after 6 times) on this forums ticket exchange thread mate for face value. Probably more chance of it going to a proper blue than a glory hunting tourist.
Would that mean posting our season tickets to someone and relying on them to post it back?

That's a good point. I'd email City's Ticket Office about that. It's in their interest to have the ground full, and in an era of TV football, there must be quite a lot of long distance blues who can't make midweek Kick Offs.

Probably unlikely they will change it for this season, but the point you make is very reasonable. Can't see why City would object to increasing it to say 10.

I used Ticket Exchange and managed to sell my seat so it certainly works but it might depend on where the seat is as to how easy it is to sell?

That wouldn’t fill the ground because the 10 games would be lower profile matches that wouldn’t sell out on the Ticket Exchange. I think 6 games is about right.

It’s amazing how everyone manages to turn up for the Derby.

You're either a season ticket holder or you're not. In my opinion you're committing to go to all the games by buying a season ticket but the club have identified that there needs to be some flexibility for illness, holidays, late game changes etc. One third of the games seems fair to me.

Have I missed something or am I being thick? What is this about a third of games and season card holders?

That wouldn’t fill the ground because the 10 games would be lower profile matches that wouldn’t sell out on the Ticket Exchange. I think 6 games is about right.

It’s amazing how everyone manages to turn up for the Derby.
Maybe it’s just the way you word it but some seem to think that they sell their ticket on the exchange. They don’t. The tickets placed on the exchange are sold like every other match day ticket, through the clubs ticket website. Someone buying them will not know they are ‘exchange’ tickets. I have sold both high profile and low profile games and every time I use it they are sold within hours. It’s an excellent scheme that could be further improved by relaxing the 6 match rule to ensure seats are not empty. Let’s face it, there are only 5 or 6 high profile games left in the PL for City, if a season ticket holder only attends them and sells the rest, that kind of abuse could easily be dealt with by the club on a targeted basis.

Maybe it’s just the way you word it but some seem to think that they sell their ticket on the exchange. They don’t. The tickets placed on the exchange are sold like every other match day ticket, through the clubs ticket website. Someone buying them will not know they are ‘exchange’ tickets. I have sold both high profile and low profile games and every time I use it they are sold within hours. It’s an excellent scheme that could be further improved by relaxing the 6 match rule to ensure seats are not empty. Let’s face it, there are only 5 or 6 high profile games left in the PL for City, if a season ticket holder only attends them and sells the rest, that kind of abuse could easily be dealt with by the club on a targeted basis.

Thanks Saddleworth2. I understand how the Ticket Exchange works. I am fortunate enough not to need to use it as I can make all the games.

I realise it would be more convenient for you to have the 6 game rule relaxed but the purpose of a Season Card isn’t for people to pick and choose their games. The Cityzen’s Membership (buy tickets on an individual basis for as many games as you want even before the season starts) covers that option.

I don’t see how relaxing the rule helps fill the ground versus people who commit to going to two thirds of the games and use the Ticket Exchange up to 6 times per season.

I am going to have a hip replacement around August/September time and I will be away for several months next year. So every game over the six I will be away for my seat will be empty? It is either that or give up my excellent seat which I am very reluctant to do. Selling my seat on this forum is not an option if I am away.

I think my solution that I posted earlier works. The first six games are credited back to the cardholder and further games can be sold but the money less club fees for these goes to charity not back to the cardholder. Easier to manage I reckon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.