World Cup 2018 | 28th June | England vs Belgium Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Also Ive read on here many times that the media are racist and therefore unfair to Sterling due to the colour of his skin, if this is a valid reason then why are they kind to Rashford ?
Yeah it’s bollocks mate. Playing the race card is letting them off the hook for what’s really going on. The Liverpool [and United] sycophants in the media are ubiquitous and make my skin itch. That’s why I ignore them, but they aren’t being racist towards Raheem, never been about that. It’s been about daring to leave Liverpool and come to City. It’s like he’s committed football treason by showing up their darling club as being worthy of sacking off to better himself to come to us. His actions make a joke of their constant narrative of how special Liverpool are. So they slander him, they slag him off and they try and ruin him.

But race - nah. Not for me.

They big Rashford up because he plays for United. They used to do it with Sterling when he was at Liverpool. I actually didn’t want us to sign Sterling because I thought he was overrated and nothing special, just that the media used to bang on about him all the time because he played for Liverpool.

I remember when we were all slagging him off on here when Sky Sports showed this image:
raheem-sterling-stats.jpg

Our comments were things like “look how they’ve made him bigger than our players” “they overrate him because he plays for them” “he’s got nothing in our Dave” “he runs like a girl” “he’s fucking shit”... none of us were being racist, just anti-media and anti-Liverpool. And we aren’t being racist towards Rashford when we slag him off neither.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy hell, I got out of a nice warm bed to watch that bore fest.
I think we have been spoiled by Pep's tactics and quick incisive movement of the ball with defence splitting passes. Do England have any players that can do that?

We have been very spoilt watching this World Cup.

Absolutely the best result for us last night. Columbia look decent, but we’ve looked better. Avoiding the other side of the draw wouldn’t of given us much chance of getting past the quarters, but this now gives us a great opportunity to go far.

Absolutely the best result for us last night. Columbia look decent, but we’ve looked better. Avoiding the other side of the draw wouldn’t of given us much chance of getting past the quarters, but this now gives us a great opportunity to go far.
Look on the bright side. Just hope we don't see Eric Diet again.

It will probably echo most on here however had Sterling played as badly as Rashford did last night the world would have ended by now. Woeful to say the least

For me it was the perfect result it gives us the best chance of getting to the semi-finals then anything can happen come on ENGLAND

Poor, poor match.
Couldn't help noticing that a couple of times Delph hoofed the ball up the field and it simply went to a red shirt. Inevitably. I'm not getting on his case, but I couldn't help thinking that I never once saw him do that during the season that's just passed. With good reason, because he'd get a rocket for it from Pep, and he knows it. Pep has our players playing completely differently to how they do for England.
If Raz had had that match that Rashford had last night, he'd be being crucified for it this morning in the media. I'm not into paranoia, but I'm now utterly convinced that that is the case. I'm not saying Raz has been good. I do not see that Rashford has been one jot better.
Stones has completely looked the part for these three matches. England's centre half for years to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.