Sane left out of Germany World Cup Squad

Where Sane plays is of no consequence to Löw - and if you believe it is, I would say that is a pretty spiteful message. I count 8 out of the 23 play outside of Germany so its a contradictory message too.

Had a chat with Low have you? We don't know what influences he had. What we do know is that he had the option of 2 exceptional young talents with not much to choose between the 2 although they play a different game. He chose to take the one resident in Germany. WHY? The fact that many of the older players play overseas is irrelevant. Someone made the decision that the loss of young players has to stop somewhere before the Bundesliga became a selling league like Belgium, Holland etc leading to lower tv revenues and an even faster exodus for higher wages.

Had a chat with Low have you? We don't know what influences he had. What we do know is that he had the option of 2 exceptional young talents with not much to choose between the 2 although they play a different game. He chose to take the one resident in Germany. WHY? The fact that many of the older players play overseas is irrelevant. Someone made the decision that the loss of young players has to stop somewhere before the Bundesliga became a selling league like Belgium, Holland etc leading to lower tv revenues and an even faster exodus for higher wages.

No I haven't spoken to Löw. Have you?

You're assuming Löw has picked Brandt ahead of Sane because he plays in Germany, and you've then taken that assumption and developed it to the point that its actually part of a wider scheme of Löw's apparent xenophobia (which disappears when someone reaches a particular age???).

What I find to be more likely, is that Sane and Brandt have spent a similar amount of time in the Germany squad, and in the games they have played for Germany, Löw has decided that Brandt has performed better in that time, and his selection is on merit.

Joachim-Low.jpg

Ck7yhaOWUAEZCig.jpg

Sane has had a better season than the players you listed, but some of them have got a medal to back up their argument. Sane's performances for City were rewarded with him playing in friendlies and qualifiers but simply put, the Sane we've seen for City is not the Sane that has played for Germany. Löw has said it came down to a choice between Sane and Brandt, and went for Brandt based on what he had seen.

If you're saying Sane was left out for anything other than footballing reasons (ie Bayern's decision), you need to take a look in the mirror before calling people bonkers.
2015%2B-%2B1

Sidenote, if you had to rank Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane, De Bruyne, D Silva, and Fernandinho in terms of work ethic, where would you put Sane?

For me he is 6th out of 7, and I've not got 5 better superlatives to describe work rate of those ahead of him. On that basis I think you have overstated "exceptional". I would say its ok for a winger.
Work rate wise, Sane like any of the others you mentioned at City was 10/10.

Any less than that, for any of the players, and he wouldn't play

I’ve very much admired the way the German national team played over the years. Right back to when Matteus was driving through midfield in 1990.

It’s become a cliché, but the ruthlessness, the efficiency, the composure and mental strength is something I’ve wished England would learn from, instead of getting all riled up and expending a load of nervous energy.

The team Loew built that won the last world cup was a wonderful group of players moulded in to a formidable team. He deserves great respect for what he achieved.

But I feel Loew is also going to be remembered as the manager who dropped Leroy Sané. It’s going to be a pub quiz question in 30 years, like the one about Menotti dropping Maradona from the 1978 squad.

Sané would have been, alongside Mbappe, the most exciting young talent at the tournament. I genuinely think this guy has absolutely everything to develop in to a world superstar of the game.

By the time of the next world cup he will be one of the best players in the world and even then, people will be looking back in disbelief that he got dropped from the 2018 squad.

I don't know why people are getting hung up on the Brandt comparisons. The bigger question is why did he take Draxler over Sane. Brandt is right footed, Sane is Left both young quick and brilliant whereas Draxler is erm well a bit shit. Massive mistake not starting Brandt and Sane if you ask me. Imagine trying to handle those two on opposing flanks

I know this is not the right thread for this Question - but - Is Ederson (GK) with the Brazil squad.?
Thanks............

Yes he's number 2 behind alison
Cheers for that. I was thinking the otherday how many City players are at the WC.
I got Ferny , G.Jesus,Danilo , (now Ederson) , Walker , Stones , Delph , Sterling , Mendy , Merlin,KdB , Komps. , Otto , Sergio , Bernardo Silva , and of course Sane did not go - No pity from me for Germany.

Cheers for that. I was thinking the otherday how many City players are at the WC.
I got Ferny , G.Jesus,Danilo , (now Ederson) , Walker , Stones , Delph , Sterling , Mendy , Merlin,KdB , Komps. , Otto , Sergio , Bernardo Silva , and of course Sane did not go - No pity from me for Germany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.