Community shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vowed not to go to another CS game after the Arsenal debacle. Zucculini even played as the side we put out as that much of a second string. That said I’ve booked my train tickets so we’re definitely going.

I went to Arsenal and it was a shit day.Like you I thoight never again but think we will have a much better team out and maybe a few new signings.I cant do Arsenal in the league the following weekend so makes sense to go.

I used to think the fixture was an opportunity for a team to put a marker down for the season, until the Arsenal match. Pellegrino said he was going to put a strong team out, what a joke! It's just another competition that has been watered down for the greater good. I aim to give it a miss and hope I don't weaken.

Yesterday’s resukts means we could put out a very strong spine to our team for the Community Shield.

Ederson
Fernandinho
Kompany
Laporte
Zinchenko
Gündogan
Foden
Bernardo Silva
Diaz
Sane
Aguero

We would need to set a right back, informed by the fitness of Walker and Danilo. I have gone for Fernandinho given his limited playing time in the WorlCup to date

Last edited:
Treat it as more of a day out with the family or friends.

Given this is a preseason friendly in all but name,the football is very much an excuse.

Yesterday’s resukts means we could put out a very strong spine to our team for the Community Shield.

Ederson
Fernandinho
Kompany
Laporte
Zinchenko
Jorginho
Gündogan
Diaz
Bernardo Silva
Foden
Aguero

We would need to set a right back, informed by the fitness of Walker and Danilo. I have gone for Fernandinho given his limited playing time in the WorlCup to date

I know the German’s don’t rate him but Sane might be worth a game.

Ederson
Fernandinho
Kompany
Laporte
Zinchenko
Gündogan
Foden
Bernardo Silva
Diaz
Sane
Aguero

Kompany but not De Bruyne?

Kompany but not De Bruyne?

Kompany has only played 20 mins (so far) in the World Cup so he is likely to be fresher, injuries permitting. I assume Tosin will come in if there any issues with Vinny.

I assume Kevin would come on from the subs bench but he could start.

Ederson
Fernandinho
Kompany
Laporte
Zinchenko
Gündogan
Foden
Bernardo Silva
Diaz
Sane
Aguero

Don't think Zinchenko will still be at the club. I also think Jorginho and Mahrez will start providing we complete their signings of course.

Don't think Zinchenko will still be at the club. I also think Jorginho and Mahrez will start providing we complete their signings of course.

I am hoping that we have Jorginho and Mahrez available too. If Mahrez signs then I think Zinchenko will go. We probably need to understand the extent of Mendy’s injury in Russia first though. Hopefully, Mendy will be fit again before the end of the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.