World Cup VAR

Because it's not being applied consistently.

Until they sort that out it's not worth bringing it in.

Of course it is. It's missed things, but even factoring in that, its probably got 75% of decisions correct over the existing inept/corrupt system. That's a vast improvement.... not perfect, but you'd have to be mental to not take a 75% improvement over the existing system at the starting point, to remain with the disgrace of the existing system....

Of course it is. It's missed things, but even factoring in that, its probably got 75% of decisions correct over the existing inept/corrupt system. That's a vast improvement.... not perfect, but you'd have to be mental to not take a 75% improvement over the existing system at the starting point, to remain with the disgrace of the existing system....

I've probably agreed with about half of the decisions made but I see that as issues with refs interpretations more than issues with VAR. Most of the decisions made with VAR have been subjective, neither right or wrong, but ones you either agree with or don't.

Bigger problem with VAR has been those decisions that the ref hasn't had another look at for whatever reason.

But if we go by your 75% figure, for me that means VAR decides games. One side gets the benefit of 2 or 3 decisions, the other sided isn't get the benefit of one or two. That's not an improvement. That's VAR deciding games.

And if the starting point us VAR deciding games then I'd rather have no VAR until they can develop a startimg point that works.

I'm not backtracking on anything. This is the v.a.r. system you will be getting.

It will be THIS SYSTEM with a few bits of 'fine tuning', not a diffefent system: THIS SYSTEM.

Non of the arguments you have been making, will be relevant.

THIS SYSTEM with mics on is still THIS SYSTEM.

THIS SYSTEM with a new guideline on handball is still THIS SYSTEM.

If you think THIS SYSTEM will be fine, if you can hear them talk, great, I don't.

I would like a completely different system or non at all.

You clearly are, I quoted what you said.... You've changed tact since, which was very good of you, helped to prove my point...

And what are you going on about a "Different Sytem"? Who's ever mentioned a totally different system. Laughable. This system with some tweaks is all it needs. It's 90% of the way there already.

Being mic'd up adds transparency, it would be a very good improvement so your wrong there yet again.

A better guideline/instruction on the handball, would nullify the most contentious decision of this World Cup, so again your wrong it wouldn't help

This system is good, with a few tweaks, that loads have mentioned it would be great.

But for shits and giggles, what type of different system do you want? Can't wait for this..... and don't say mic'd up or referals, we've all been saying that for ages.... come on, amaze us!!

You clearly are, I quoted what you said.... You've changed tact since, which was very good of you, helped to prove my point...

And what are you going on about a "Different Sytem"? Who's ever mentioned a totally different system. Laughable. This system with some tweaks is all it needs. It's 90% of the way there already.

Being mic'd up adds transparency, it would be a very good improvement so your wrong there yet again.

A better guideline/instruction on the handball, would nullify the most contentious decision of this World Cup, so again your wrong it wouldn't help

This system is good, with a few tweaks, that loads have mentioned it would be great.

But for shits and giggles, what type of different system do you want? Can't wait for this..... and don't say mic'd up or referals, we've all been saying that for ages.... come on, amaze us!!

The one where each team has two challenges for referrals & the refs don't get a say.

Which I was suggesting trying out when cricket introduced it.

That would be a 'different' system.

We will not get it. We will get the same one

I saw a shirt pull on Spain before without even slomo. No mention.

Joke.

So we have established 'holding' is a pen.

It just happened

POINT FUCKING PROVEN.

Bottled.

I've probably agreed with about half of the decisions made but I see that as issues with refs interpretations more than issues with VAR. Most of the decisions made with VAR have been subjective, neither right or wrong, but ones you either agree with or don't.

Bigger problem with VAR has been those decisions that the ref hasn't had another look at for whatever reason.

But if we go by your 75% figure, for me that means VAR decides games. One side gets the benefit of 2 or 3 decisions, the other sided isn't get the benefit of one or two. That's not an improvement. That's VAR deciding games.

And if the starting point us VAR deciding games then I'd rather have no VAR until they can develop a startimg point that works.

I think you mentioned you agree with half before. Unfortunately for you, the IFAB (the people who actually make the laws) have reviewed VAR and have said of all 18 VAR decisions taken in the group stages, only one (Iran pen) was incorrect... so your subjective opinion is incorrect on this one I'm afraid...

I agree the incidents missed, are the biggest area which needs improvement. But When in this World Cup, has VAR specifically picked on one team unfairly? It has missed things no doubt (Kane, argies, Serbia) especially early on in the first round of games but it's not like England's had 5 shockers against them. It's been the odd thing sporadically. If there was a trend against one team, then it would be a fair point and would need addressing. No doubt. Also, VAR is not making the original decision any worse, even if it's missed things. Yes you'd be annoyed if you didn't get a deserved pen, ala Kane, but VAR itself is not costing you anything. You didn't have the pen in the first place..

VAR is deciding games, but it's deciding games 75% better than the old system. That's a huge improvement.

The one where each team has two challenges for referrals & the refs don't get a say.

Which I was suggesting trying out when cricket introduced it.

That would be a 'different' system.

We will not get it. We will get the same one

I saw a shirt pull on Spain before without even slomo. No mention.

Joke.

We've all been suggesting that for ages.. Pmsl... funny you....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.